Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When to go to the vet(poo and kitten related)

(15 Posts)
Stilllivinginazoo Wed 07-Jun-17 06:31:53

One of our 12 week old kittens has had soft mustardy coloured stools since day before yesterday.shes hungry for her morning wet meat and still has lots energy/playful.I noticed last night had poo on her anus that was custard coloured.she's just gobbled her breakfast and done a clay coloured splat,no shape or form.the litter I use is grey and tends clump(cheap stuff) so I not sure if this has happened before.does she need see vet?or has anyone got any good advice please?
Tia

dementedpixie Wed 07-Jun-17 06:37:15

What food are they eating? Does it contain cereal/grains as some cats can't tolerate them.

Stilllivinginazoo Wed 07-Jun-17 06:41:39

They came toe eating adult kibbleix with kibble suitable from 12 weeks-they were 9weeks at the time.vet said start adding a kitten kibble in and increase the mix
I've been adding go cat kitten
Her sister is OK.
They are both very excited with morning wet meat as never had that before came to me(Felix kitten)
I've had them 3 weeks

Stilllivinginazoo Wed 07-Jun-17 06:55:53

Bump

dementedpixie Wed 07-Jun-17 06:58:30

Check for cereals. When one of mine had sloppy poo the vet gave me a paste to give them - pro kolin I think. Maybe a higher quality grain free food would help too. Could also be from having new wet food too - did you introduce it gradually?

Stilllivinginazoo Wed 07-Jun-17 07:12:10

Yes.they are still only having half a packet of kitten wet meat between them
What type of kibble would you recommend?
I've no idea about cereal free types

Want2beme Wed 07-Jun-17 07:21:17

She might have food or lactose intolerance or maybe a parasite? I think a vet would be best to answer your question. She might need to be given a specific type of food or medication. Hope she gets better very soon.

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 07-Jun-17 07:25:49

I'd go to the vet, you can't mess around with kittens.

Stilllivinginazoo Wed 07-Jun-17 07:34:05

Thanks guys.I knew I'd get some advice here.I didn't want to be the over anxious "parent" running to the vet.they've totally stolen our hearts and mean the world to my whole family

dementedpixie Wed 07-Jun-17 07:36:22

I'd speak to the vet. I use AVA dry kitten food from pets at home. Is grain free and high meat

Stilllivinginazoo Wed 07-Jun-17 08:19:06

Thanks demented
Shes due her second worming and it's been suggested that might be cause(not on here,by a friend) so go get that sorted today

Wh0Kn0wsWhereTheTimeGoes Wed 07-Jun-17 08:21:31

I'd go to the vet too.

Stilllivinginazoo Wed 07-Jun-17 13:01:41

Update
Been vets.we given panacur wormer and some special pouch food twice a day for couple days.she's due for spay Fri.that's been cancelled andove wed next week with vet check before hand. Obvs gets worse we return.she said most likely either worms or diet related as has no temp,lively and sea well in herself.her tummy felt like liquid motions in it,but she wasn't overly worried(phew)

dementedpixie Wed 07-Jun-17 13:08:34

Is that the liquid wormer you have to squirt in their mouth? I had to wrap mine in a towel to get it down them! Hope they improve soon

Stilllivinginazoo Wed 07-Jun-17 13:25:11

Yeh.I've just done first dose/been shredded.will use wrap in towel tomorrow,thanks for the tip!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now