Talk

Advanced search

Housecat Moving from flat to house behind a busy railway line, I'm nervous

(8 Posts)
AllTheWittyNamesAreGone Wed 31-May-17 15:21:30

Yes I'm. Rather nervous about the whole affair.
In a few weeks we will move from our flat to a house with a garden that backs on to track.
Lucy is a house cat by choice, she went out once when she was a kitten 3-4 years ago, got the snot kicked out of her by a bigger cat and would never go out again.
This will be her first move I've just more some feliway and won't wash her two blankets for a while so they will smell familiar but is there anything else I can do?

AllTheWittyNamesAreGone Wed 31-May-17 15:22:05

Bought* feliway not more

Radishal Wed 31-May-17 15:27:53

Keep her as an indoor cat. Give her a cool cat tree with a brilliant view in the afternoon sun.

Toddlerteaplease Wed 31-May-17 20:35:26

That's a very stern look OP!

Want2beme Wed 31-May-17 20:58:43

Don't let her out. Keep her as an indoor cat.
She'll probably be very scared.

Put all of her things in one room in your new house, bed, food, water, litter, her travel box, bed, toys, so it's all familiar for her, and keep her in there for a few days. She might venture out quickly or take her time.

Enjoyou your new home.

Want2beme Wed 31-May-17 20:59:40

She is lovely.

AllTheWittyNamesAreGone Thu 01-Jun-17 13:48:19

She is a rather stern cat, the kids call her professor McGonagall.

We've just been in to the new house and plugged in the delivery ready for when we move, taken over her big tree and some toys. She like to sleep with the teen I I've not washed his bedding since Monday so it will smell comforting.

I've seen the neighbours have a cat, a big friendly neutered tom who the owner said is not very dominant or territorial so not too scary for lucy

AllTheWittyNamesAreGone Thu 01-Jun-17 13:49:40

I'll not wash his bedding, not I haven't, it would be rank in two weeks with no wash shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now