Talk

Advanced search

You know you're a cat slave when....

(13 Posts)
dailydance Wed 31-May-17 10:50:40

One of mine sits by the sink crying until I go into the bathroom and turn the tap on for her. She doesn't necessarily want to drink it but likes to watch / listen to it.

mrsBeverleygoldberg Wed 31-May-17 10:55:09

We sleep and make the bed around our cats.
If they're ill they get chicken and we eat vegetarian.

Allergictoironing Wed 31-May-17 15:50:04

I sit on an awkward corner bit of my sofa for ages because Boycat wants his belly rubbed, but will only sit in the one place while I do it and I HAVE to sit on one particular side of him. This may not sound too bad, until you know I have facet joint arthritis & a couple of bulging discs in my lower spine so sitting in an unsupported & slightly twisted position isn't exactly the most comfortable thing shock.

iloveeverykindofcat Wed 31-May-17 16:08:55

Bibi comes to me in the night meowing. What she wants is to lie on the pillow with my arms encircling her, our chests and faces together and her head resting on one of my arms. She's very particular about the position. I do it.

SweetChickadee Wed 31-May-17 16:11:44

We've recently noticed our young cat races upstairs when we leave for work in the morning, so he can watch us leave from the front bedroom windowsill

DH drove round the block this morning so he could wave goodbye to him grin

3catsandcounting Wed 31-May-17 16:20:33

Getting excited when the Scholastic book leaflets come into school, as they divide into 2 perfect cat size boxes.

I chuck a bundle of leaflets into each classroom at the end of the day, then dash home singing 🎶 "look what I've got!"

3catsandcounting Wed 31-May-17 16:23:38

DH drove round the block this morning so he could wave goodbye to him.

😂😂😂

SweetChickadee Wed 31-May-17 16:55:29

I know <snort>

They are seriously in love, those two.

GimbleInTheWabe Wed 31-May-17 17:24:58

Monkey drinks only fresh tap water and only from a tall drinking glass. Except when he's outside and I've seen him drink from a muddy puddle hmm.
DP loves getting out of having to stack the dishwasher/hang the clothes to dry/all other menial tasks because 'Monkeys asleep on me!' Worst thing is, I let him get away with r because we can't disturb the cat!

Toddlerteaplease Wed 31-May-17 20:19:03

You put off buying a new sofa because you can't bare to get rid of Snorgmaiden's arm chair.

Asmoto Wed 31-May-17 20:24:28

You postpone getting the cup of tea you're desperate for after a hard day at work because there's a cat asleep on your tummy.

GreenPolishToGo Wed 31-May-17 20:29:54

I am perched on the edge of my chair because a large cat is asleep and taking up most of it.

Want2beme Wed 31-May-17 21:08:12

When after 30 years of slavedom, you just keep going........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now