Talk

Advanced search

Do cats have secret magical powers they keep to themselves.

(11 Posts)
SnickersWasAHorse Tue 30-May-17 01:08:13

Earlier this evening I saw herself leave via her cat flap. Now our house has an unusual lay out so the kitchen cat flap goes to a lean to which then has her outside cat flap which was locked by that time. You can't see into the lean to from the house. She can go in there and keep an eye on her garden.
After she went out I was either in the kitchen or the living room. At no point did I hear her cat flap go again. Yet at bed time, when she has a little extra food, she suddenly appears from upstairs.

Then after this, I hadn't left the kitchen, when she turns up in the living room. I swear she didn't walk passed me.

They are cunning buggers. I swear it's magic.

hagsrus0 Tue 30-May-17 06:28:43

Not so keen on the actual book but I've always loved the title: The Cat Who Walks Through Walls by Robert Heinlein

Toddlerteaplease Tue 30-May-17 06:33:23

Haven't you heard of Mr Mistophalees?

YesItsMeIDontCare Tue 30-May-17 06:42:28

Leroy is a big bugger. The house shakes when he jumps off a windowsill. And yet we still trip over him regularly and wander round going "where the hell is Leroy", only to find him behind us.

He's known as "the Stealth Ninja".

So you're not alone, and yes they do have magical powers 💫😸💫.

boolifooli Tue 30-May-17 06:57:12

Spent ages looking for dcat in garden yesterday. Whole time she was watching us from upstairs windowsill.

PosiePootlePerkins Tue 30-May-17 07:54:01

boolifooli snap! Couldn't find boy cat in the house yesterday evening, Walked all around the garden looking for him, (I like the cats in by 9pm ish), couldn't see him anywhere, he likes to go up on the roof and get stuck No sign. Said to DH 'Can't see Basil anywhere', walked into the lounge and there he was, sitting looking out of the patio windows. Probably wondering why I was walking all around the garden calling his name!hmmgrin

Iris65 Tue 30-May-17 07:59:46

They've obviously completed the module covering stealth movement from the Diploma in convincing your slaves you have magical powers.
star

Iris65 Tue 30-May-17 08:02:16

My cat got a distinction in Staring at a wall or into a corner as if there is a ghost or supernatural entity your slave can't see.

abbsisspartacus Tue 30-May-17 08:04:27

My neighbour has a white cat who liked my house so I would check everywhere then close the doors in the evening one day I did this then turned around to see my kettle transform into a cat and leap off the side I screamed so loud they came running to find me a quivering wreck babbling about flying kettles before I shoved there car back at them and closed the door

SnickersWasAHorse Tue 30-May-17 08:05:11

Mine has a distinction in sitting on a human's lap just as they are about to get up and pee.

YetAnotherSpartacus Tue 30-May-17 10:04:06

Mine has a distinction in sitting on a human's lap just as they are about to get up and pee

A higher distinction is awarded to those who know exactly where the bladder is so that they can press on it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now