Talk

Advanced search

My cat attacked me!

(10 Posts)
Blizy Mon 29-May-17 23:26:42

My normally loving softy boy has just attacked me! We were both in the kitchen when he spotted another cat in the garden, he was meowing away as I was emptying the dishwasher. He then turned on me!
I'm very shaken (and sore), he's never shown any signs of aggression before.

My leg is shredded, I've added some pics.
sad

Want2beme Tue 30-May-17 00:35:06

Oh dear, he must have been really spooked by the other cat. Did he just go for you or were you in his way somehow, as he was trying to get outside? I wouldn't be worried about it. I'd just put it down to a moment of cat craziness. Has he been his normal self since? Hope you recover soon.

Blizy Tue 30-May-17 00:37:22

I wasn't in his way at all! He's been fine since, although I've been in edge.
I've been reading about redirected aggression, I think that's what happened.

YetAnotherSpartacus Tue 30-May-17 10:28:51

Yes - redirected aggression - I've seen / experienced it before... sad. Your leg does look a mess. Treat yourself to something nice today. gin flowers chocolate. I don't know what can be done about redirected aggression or if puss even knows what happened... I'd be spooked in your case though.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Tue 30-May-17 10:29:47

Just read up on redirected aggression. Seems that's what's happened.
(((((((((((()))))))))))))

Ditsy1980 Wed 31-May-17 20:36:10

Oh dear! Hope you're ok today. Keep an eye on those bites, they look deep. My old boy cat did similar to me last summer and I had to have a tetanus booster and antibiotics shock

Fragglez Wed 31-May-17 20:42:26

Been there! Top tip - don't try to separate your cat and a fluffy white cat while you are wearing a fluffy white jumper! (other colour cats / jumpers are available)

I needed the punctures flushed and antibiotics, so you might want to get it checked.

Weedsnseeds1 Wed 31-May-17 21:25:13

Wow! He was serious about that wasn't he?! If you haven't had a tetanus recently I would suggest getting one and keep an eye out for infection.
Hopefully it was a one off situation due to the other cat.

Blizy Wed 31-May-17 23:42:55

Fraggelz 😱
Had to make trip to OOH Dr this evening, my leg is very hot, red and sore. Got a tetanus and AB's. It's lucky my Alfie cat is cute!

Fragglez Thu 01-Jun-17 13:28:04

Glad you've got it seen to - it hurts like nothing else on Earth, doesn't it!?

Bloody cats... Germy little fur faces...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now