Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Update on aggressive foster cat and kittens

(7 Posts)
SentientCushion Sun 28-May-17 15:07:22

Thought I'd just do an update on our little foster cat and her kittens, its been just over a week since they were born and she has calmed down so much. All five kittens are big and healthy and she is turning out to be a great Mam (though she really needs to give herself a clean as she is not so good at looking after herself).
It's been stressful at times but it's been so worth it to see how lovely she is with her babies and she's slowly starting to gain our trust. She even climbed onto my knee today for a cuddle, though I try not to stroke her unless she asks as I imagine the poor thing must be touched out.
I really feel for her in this heat but she's been drinking lots and trooping on. The kittens have their eyes open now and I can't wait to meet them properly.

YesItsMeIDontCare Sun 28-May-17 15:13:16

Oh bless her! And in this heat too. To be fair I was fairly bad tempered when I was pregnant so she has my sympathy grin.

Kittens are just a big furry blob - I need that fluffiness!

{wanders off to find own fluffiness}
{gets "The Look"}
{retreats}

acatcalledluna Sun 28-May-17 15:18:43

Great news Sentient

chemenger Sun 28-May-17 15:51:33

How lovely that things have turned round. It is such an upheaval for cats when they come to a fosterer, add having kittens as well and it's no wonder she was on the defensive. You must be doing everything right to have made such a difference in a week.

ElizaDontlittle Sun 28-May-17 16:38:19

Oh well done sentient that's a great improvement. Love the heap of black furriness that is 5 kittens - they are so cute as is mum.

Puffinsareblackandwhite Tue 30-May-17 07:54:43

She (and her kittens) must join the B/W cat appreciation society thread!

iloveeverykindofcat Tue 30-May-17 10:12:54

They are just lovely. My own black and white beauty had kits at 7/8 months and I'm so grateful to the people who took care of her her before I met her. Thank you for caring.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now