Talk

Advanced search

My cat has gone missing

(13 Posts)
Jellyshoeshurtmyfeet Sun 28-May-17 13:33:08

My house cat managed to get out of the house at some point on Friday evening but we didn't realise until Saturday morning. I have scoured the area, put posts on fb, ads on lots of lost pets sites, went out at 4am this morning armed with Dreamies and walked around for a couple of hours. I've notified local vets, cat and dog shelter and I'm just about to go and put fliers through doors. I'm so worried about her. Does anyone have any other ideas what I can do to find her? TIA

Dodie66 Sun 28-May-17 13:54:36

Are you sure she is not indoors somewhere hiding? I read a post the other day about somebody losing their cat and after searching the local area etc they found it under the bed ill.

Jellyshoeshurtmyfeet Sun 28-May-17 14:02:52

I have looked everywhere. We have pulled furniture out, checked the loft, garage, wardrobes, washing machine, I can't think of anywhere else to check.

NellieFiveBellies Sun 28-May-17 14:14:32

thanks my cat went missing. it is an awful feeling.
i know you said you posted on fb but have you put posts on all your local fb groups asking people to check their out buildings?

i did this and that evening she came flying into the house! filthy and starving.

we did a walkround of the local streets, looking in bushes and hedges and put posters up. i think youve done pretty much all you can. i hope she comes home soon.

Jellyshoeshurtmyfeet Sun 28-May-17 14:29:15

Thank you, I think there are probably some local fb groups. Thank you for the suggestion. I feel so bad that we don't know where she is. She's never been outside before.

Jellyshoeshurtmyfeet Mon 29-May-17 00:09:00

We got her back! I posted fliers through neighbours doors and tonight one called to say they thought they'd seen her. We has to run through a few houses and gardens but eventually got her. She was dirty and hungry but after a bath and some food she is fine. I'm so relieved!

cushioncovers Mon 29-May-17 07:13:30

Good news op smile

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 29-May-17 07:37:54

That's brilliant news.

Chickydoo Mon 29-May-17 07:44:12

Fantastic news Op
Really pleased for you!

Jellyshoeshurtmyfeet Mon 29-May-17 09:46:11

Thank you 😊

GriefLeavesItsMark Mon 29-May-17 11:07:00

Bath! You managed to wash her without needing at rip to a&e. Impressed!

NellieFiveBellies Mon 29-May-17 13:04:46

im so pleased she's home!
bloody hell, you're brave arent you?
if i'd tried to bathe mine i'd be covered in bandages right now!

EachandEveryone Mon 29-May-17 19:41:18

When this happened to mine the first time i bought a TabCat and its really worth it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now