Talk

Advanced search

Lidl cat food

(17 Posts)
mayoli Sun 28-May-17 10:44:21

Hello smile
In a couple of months I will be moving to an area that has a Lidl (yay!). My cats currently eat Whiskas dry and wet food but I'm not too happy with it. Does anyone know what cat food Lidl stock, and is it healthier than Whiskas? What are the prices like? Also, do they do good cat litter/what's the general price of it?
Thanks in advance.

abigamarone Sun 28-May-17 11:17:45

I buy the tinned lidl cat food for my two, they lick their bowls clean every time. They also seem to like the dried food - I think they do two kinds, I buy the slightly more expensive one.
Sachets I avoid buying as one of my cats can open cupboards, boxes and rips his way into them.

mayhew Sun 28-May-17 11:26:09

Lidl sell Coshida which is their own brand. My cat loves the pouches but not the ones which have vegetables in the jelly. The premium dry food also goes down well.

Alfieisnoisy Sun 28-May-17 11:30:46

My apparently spoilt little darlings won't touch it. Not the Asda own brand either and even turned their noses up at Waitrose own brand. Shocking.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 28-May-17 11:31:31

If it's anything like Aldi cat food which I expect it is,it'll be good. My cat loves it.

user1495025590 Sun 28-May-17 11:33:53

My cat loves it- no idea if it's healthy or not!

mayoli Sun 28-May-17 11:38:24

Awesome, thanks all! My furbabies are currently on whiskas pouches (1/2 of one each a day) and some dry food. The vet advised for me to switch so I'm hoping to do so when I move smile I've had to emergency buy other brands in the past and they've been fine so they're not fussy, thank goodness. Will check out Coshida!

YetAnotherSpartacus Sun 28-May-17 12:03:31

My apparently spoilt little darlings won't touch it. Not the Asda own brand either and even turned their noses up at Waitrose own brand. Shocking

What do they eat? Poached organic chicken? Fresh salmon? Sushi? Lobster?

3catsandcounting Sun 28-May-17 12:32:56

My 3 all love Coshida, and one of them is particularly fussy. The pâté in small trays goes down well, as do the biscuits.

mayoli Sun 28-May-17 12:41:21

@3catsandcounting Brilliant! do you have any idea of the prices for Coshida stuff?

Pepsi13max Sun 28-May-17 13:56:53

My cat loves it, it's something like £1.79 for 12 pouches, or close to it.

The cat litter I'm not so keen on, it's the grey clumping stuff.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Sun 28-May-17 14:36:01

I haven't tried Lidl cat food but my fussy boy wouldn't touch the Aldi stuff. Or Whiskas, Tesco, Sainsbury's or Waitrose.

Alfieisnoisy Sun 28-May-17 14:38:39

Spartacus they would eat all those things of offered grin. It's usually the As Good As It Looks stuff

Ollivander84 Sun 28-May-17 14:42:58

Mine wouldn't touch it. Stable cat inhaled an entire pouch in under 10 seconds. You don't even have to mash it up, she just gulps three times and it's gone confused

3catsandcounting Sun 28-May-17 17:01:30

The trays of pâté are about 19p each.
My 2 girls love it and are full; my boy thinks it's a very nice starter!

Weedsnseeds1 Sun 28-May-17 19:08:00

It's decent quality and very cheap. If they will eat it, go for it!

mayoli Sun 28-May-17 20:04:29

Ta for the great responses. Will give it a go- yaaaaay!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now