Talk

Advanced search

Absent cat

(15 Posts)
DrEllie Sat 27-May-17 23:23:42

My lovely fluffy cat has not been home for a couple of days. He sometimes misses meals but he's never been gone this long. I'm really worried about him. I was thinking about posting notes through neighbour's doors in case he's in their shed. What else can I do?

Wolfiefan Sat 27-May-17 23:25:55

Litter tray outside.
Local lost pet FB group?
Go out calling and shaking treats.
Posters.
Call vets and shelters.
Is puss microchipped? Details up to date?

HoobleDooble Sat 27-May-17 23:33:05

We went through this recently, I stuck notes through every door on the street and posted on local FB pages. She went missing on the Tuesday evening and turned up when she scared some poor bloke half to death when he went to get his bike out on the Saturday. With the weather being warmer I'd be more tempted to knock on doors and ask to check their sheds and garages as it may be quicker. Ours is staying out more with the nice weather at the moment though.

HoobleDooble Sat 27-May-17 23:35:44

Oh meant to ask, is he locked in at night or is the cat flap left open 24/7? Just asking as my old cat used to 'go missing' in summer, but I then realised he was just coming in late and going out at sunrise, so I was in bed asleep when he was home and I wasn't seeing him!

DrEllie Sun 28-May-17 00:06:41

Thanks everyone, it may be door knocking tomorrow! We have a cat flap which is always available, my other cat is here. I really hope he is just trapped somewhere.

DrEllie Sun 28-May-17 00:11:38

Hooble, I do hope he's busy doing summer partying and is waiting for his brekkie when I get up.

HoobleDooble Sun 28-May-17 13:11:59

Any sign of him yet OP?

DrEllie Sun 28-May-17 13:23:40

Thanks for asking Hooble. Went out with leaflets this morning. A neighbour thinks she might have seen him last night, so I'm hopeful! There was a dead mouse in the kitchen when I got up this morning - I like to think he's doing the cat equivalent of the milk tray man, but it was probably the other cat!

Wolfiefan Sun 28-May-17 13:42:24

Leaving you a gift to say sorry for being AWOL?! Hope he's home soon.

DrEllie Sun 28-May-17 14:57:29

I wish he'd stay a bit longer Wolfie.

DrEllie Sun 28-May-17 17:46:47

smile He just came back! Looks a bit she'll shocked but OK. Think the notes round the neighbours did the trick Thank you everyone x

Wolfiefan Sun 28-May-17 20:58:38

Good news. Maybe he is amazed you hadn't stuffed and roasted his kind offering! grin

Wholovesorangesoda Sun 28-May-17 21:07:22

My missing cat also came home today. Must be a day for it smile

DrEllie Sun 28-May-17 22:54:39

Thanks Wolfie and Wholoves, I'm so pleased for you. Mine came home, turned his nose up at the posh food I bought in anticipation of his return and then buggered off again!

HoobleDooble Mon 29-May-17 10:07:35

Aww only just got chance to come back on and check. I bet you're so relieved. Glad all the wanderers have returned.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now