Talk

Advanced search

Cat house swap!

(3 Posts)
jumpingjellybeann Sat 27-May-17 17:30:50

My next door neighbour has two cats ( one is an older cat and one is a kitten) the neighbour has said that the older cat is ' terrified and petrified l' of my cat and just has to hear my cats bell and will run( they must've got in a fight at some point) ! However they have also said that they have been finding my cat wondering In their house / finding my cat ASLEEP on their sofa and their older cat dashes outside away from mine ( they have a cat flap that allows any cat inside the house) I apologised and later on in the convocation bought up the subject about our cat flap and said that it only allows my cat in the house as it reads his microchip...

Later on in the evening I was outside with family and we left the conservatory door open because it was very hot inside the house and when I went to close the house up I found their cat asleep on the sofa in OUR conservatory!

I just laughed it off and put the cat outside ( my cat hasn't been bothered by the smell of another car in the house .. yet) but I don't want to make it a regular thing ( so will be keeping a close eye)

Is there anything else we can do to stop this happening? At the moment I am pretty calm about the situation because my cat isn't bothered by the smell of another cat BUT the neighbour isn't happy that my cat is scaring their older cat ( my cat just has to be walking across their garden and their cat will run)
Ideally they need a new cat flap but I can't really tell them / make them and I can't tell my cat not to go in there!

Thankyou

jumpingjellybeann Sat 27-May-17 17:33:37

Must make it clear their kitten was asleep in the conservatory not the older cat!

witwootoodleoo Sat 27-May-17 17:36:20

If they're that bothered they should get a microchip cat flap

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now