Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Obie is limping...

(8 Posts)
StillMedusa Fri 26-May-17 20:41:17

One of his houses (!) called me this evening to say they think he has hurt his foot as he was walking a bit oddly. Brought him in from their garden and and he is limping a bit on his right front paw. Nothing obvious... can't see any bites, injuries or swelling but he definitely guarding it..and he is sitting in our garden looking sorry for himself.

I'm presuming it's ok to leave it til morning (our vets run a saturday morning clinic).? The nearest 24 hour vet is miles away and I can'tget his basket out of the attic (he has a dog one as he is HUGE) til DH gets home.

I suspect , being the clumsiest MC cat I have ever seen, he has jarred it trying to jump off the neighbour's shed! Is there anything I can do to help him tonight? I have some metacam in the house...could I give him some? (It was given after Portia had her teeth out!)

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 26-May-17 21:03:27

If it was mine I'd give him the metacam & bundle him off tomorrow.

Perhaps his others owners will have a whip round? grin

Wolfiefan Fri 26-May-17 21:04:39

If there's no obvious injury I wouldn't rush him in tonight. He could have done something as daft as trod on a wasp!

StillMedusa Fri 26-May-17 22:56:32

Fluffycloud if only grin
He has actually stayed in tonight and is currently snoring on Ophie's special fleece blankie on the sofa. She is unimpressed, sniffed him (he smells of Thelma-down-the-road's perfume) and hissed at him !

He has managed to hobble dramatically to the food bowls tho and stuffed his face so I don't think he's in agony! I'll reassess in the morning and take him down the vets if he is still not right. Bloody animal costs me a fortune and yet he treats us like a Travelodge!

Toddlerteaplease Fri 26-May-17 23:13:28

Sorry but I just love the thought of him having other houses. Your post about having to go round and ask the neighbours not to feed him pre shave. Had me laughing for age!

Toddlerteaplease Sat 27-May-17 12:39:08

How is he today?

StillMedusa Sat 27-May-17 15:27:13

I don't know!!! He stayed in all night but DH must have let him out first thing and he has done his usual and disappeared... I am going to assume that means he's not too sore. I will have to wait til he next deigns to turn up and if he is still limping I will try and confine him!

Toddlerteaplease Sat 27-May-17 16:57:24

Fickle creature. Did you ever post a picture of him post shave? I looked out for one and didn't see it. Hint hint!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now