We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cat just been sick

(4 Posts)
legolammb Fri 26-May-17 20:19:56

As it was the floof's birthday this week I thought I'd treat her to some wet food (she usually has prescription dental dry food). She has eaten a small amount and almost immediately after vomited up some clear odourless liquid. She gets very hungry so eats fairly quickly (on a diet unfortunately for her as she's a little fatty) and has vomited up almost whole pieces of kibble previously on rare occasions but this is the first time I've seen just water. She's a 10 year old British shorthair - is this something to worry about?

StillMedusa Sat 27-May-17 01:00:36

Well one of mine vonits with monotonous regularity... whether it's wet food, dry food, or fresh chicken from the deli (yes she is fussy, demanding and as she is old...spoiled!)
We get a week or two with no vomit, then daily vomit for a few days. The vet is unconcerned as her weight is ok for her age and she has a lovely coat and is still very feisty for a 17 yr old. She has always puked!

I wouldn't immediately worry unless she seems unwell in other ways. Some cats bolt their food and puke, and if she isn't used to wet food it may be a bit much for her at first.

My carpets upstairs are ruined by my puker!

AgainstTheOddsNo2 Sat 27-May-17 01:14:32

This is how we know other people feed our cat. He tacks up food we've not fed him! I've Google and Google and cat sick is pretty much the norm as long as it's not all the time.

Weedsnseeds1 Sat 27-May-17 02:33:20

Warmer weather leads to hard core shedding, so could be that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now