Talk

Advanced search

When do I worry?

(12 Posts)
NutButterNutter Fri 26-May-17 20:17:23

I have a very special cat who had a horrid start in life (rescue cat from abroad). We imported him when we came back to the UK and he has always been an indoor cat, bar the odd time he'd jump out a window aboard and would be found cowering under a hedge or bush, hiding from strays.

Now, for the last few days, I've had the doors open and he's been coming in and out, albeit slinking. He went out at 10am and still hasn't returned. At what point do I stop thinking ahhhh, how nice, he's exploring and enjoying himself and start thinking SHIT I HAVE LOST THE CAT? I don't even know which direction he went off in as the. Any distracted me confused

Help!!

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 26-May-17 20:31:41

I'd be walking round with the treats calling him but not panicking.

NutButterNutter Fri 26-May-17 20:36:38

Just about to do exactly that! Thank you flowers

Toddlerteaplease Fri 26-May-17 20:38:39

Cats are staying out longer because of the weather. Even my two beanbags are out for more than five minutes. My friend is having terrible trouble getting his 'indoor' cat's in at night.

Wolfiefan Fri 26-May-17 20:40:28

Used litter tray? Leave it outside. They can smell it.
My two are out much more than they would usually be. It's hot here and cooler outside. And lighter for much longer.

exWifebeginsat40 Fri 26-May-17 20:44:53

all three of ours are desperately trying to avoid coming in at night at the moment.

i don't feed them til late so they are pretty much always happy to come in as they're hungry for tea. furry little fucks.

StillMedusa Fri 26-May-17 20:50:46

All three of mine stayed out last night... which is almost heard of! I called and called and they all ignored me. This morning 3 furry faces were lined up outside the back door smile

I'ts hunting weather for cats...not that mine go far..mostly frog carnage from our pond sad

NutButterNutter Fri 26-May-17 20:51:48

Shortest. Cat emergency. Ever. He was hiding under a tarpaulin under the tree. He didn't seem to realise he could come out... Poor overbred little furball.

Thank you all for the advice! I'll withhold food until the evening tomorrow!

Wolfiefan Fri 26-May-17 20:52:49

I like really short cat emergencies. The best kind! grin

NutButterNutter Fri 26-May-17 20:53:22

@StillMedusa there's little worse than a frog carnage. I'm counting my lucky stars that the only present he's ever bought me was an already-dead bird from the stairwell when we were away hmm

NutButterNutter Fri 26-May-17 20:54:12

Yes, @Wolfiefan definitely the best sort!

Wolfiefan Fri 26-May-17 22:59:26

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now