Talk

Advanced search

My cat is bloody amazing!

(8 Posts)
TimeIhadaNameChange Sun 21-May-17 10:00:38

Ok, so I know this is coincidence, probably, but still, it's blown my mind.

What you have to understand is that I am rubbish in the mornings. Generally rely on DP to get up, as I'll switch off my alarm and fall back asleep. When he's away I put on multiple alarms in various places but still panic I won't get up in time. However, I do always wake to my cat, esp when she scratches on the door or bedpost. She knows I hate the sound which is why she does it, and it'll be whenever she wants out with no respect for my sleep.

However, a while ago I was home alone and needed to get up at a certain time, so asked her to wake me at X time. Didn't believe she would, but she did, with a nice gentle miaow (which I've told her is the nicest sound to wake up to). Tried it the next day and it didn't work. Oh well.

Friday night, once again home alone, I was panicking about having to be up a good few hours earlier than normal on the Saturday. My phone dies overnight and I couldn't find any normal alarm clocks so was having to depend on the iPad which made me nervous. I didn't tell her this time (didn't want to chance being disappointed) but I did mention how I had to be up at 06:15 and how it would be really nice to wake up to a miaow. I set my alarm to twenty past as quarter past looked too scary, and assume T would wake me by the usual door scratching at about half five (as she had the morning before).

You know what's coming. Quarter past six, on the bloody dot, I get woken by a miaow, then lots of purrs. I seriously couldn't believe it. We had a wee cuddle on the bed (again, something that never happens in the morning, she's usually too insistent she wants to go out asap) and I was still up before my alarm went off. Was seriously amazed!

Then, last night, I mentioned I wanted a lie in (but, again, assumed she'd wake me earlier to go out) and this morning found my darling still curled up when I got up for a wee at half 8. She did get up then, but I told her she was a very good girl for letting me lie in. Possibly even more amazing was the fact the guineas didn't demand breakfast when they heard me, despite probably assuming it would have been coming the same time as yesterday, so was, by then, VERY LATE!

I do love my wee ones!

Tell me, what amazing things have yours done recently?

Toddlerteaplease Sun 21-May-17 10:07:14

Mine are amazing for just existing! 😻😻 One of them was very ill but survived against all the odds. And made a full recovery. I still look at her in awe. 😻😻😻😻😻

TroysMammy Sun 21-May-17 22:32:21

I had one cat who would go out each morning. I used to say to him "if you want to stay in all day, be back by 8.15am". And he would be there just as I was leaving for work.

Troy used to come downstairs each night at 9.55pm and sit looking at me until the BBC News at Ten bongs sounded. I would say "is it time for bed?" He would meow and pester me to get up and would race me up the stairs. Since he's been gone I don't go to bed early anymore sad.

TheCatOfAthenry Sun 21-May-17 22:58:36

Cookie lovingly paws my face when I have a headache, but not otherwise!

YetAnotherSpartacus Mon 22-May-17 16:36:32

A little friend who visited loved my chair. I was sitting in it one day (working) and he failed to shift me, so he started to climb my (very tall) bookcase like a ladder. I jumped up to grab him, and the little shit jumped past me and stole my chair. There was no chance of getting it back because he assumed the 'attack pose' of all teeth and claws at the ready (which, when relaxed, was his sleep pose, which he reverted to in 10 minutes when I gave up and found a less comfortable chair for myself to sit on.

Toddlerteaplease Sun 28-May-17 18:57:30

I was chatting to an election canvasser at the front door. Snorg went out the door. She's not allowed out of the front. I told her to come back in and she did! She's a little superstar!

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 28-May-17 19:22:39

Asbo scratches the side of the bed, I get out to stop him & he jumps up to steal my warm spot.

It's naice bedding so I can't just ignore it.

JoandMax Sun 28-May-17 19:28:07

Our cat is a feisty flighty girl who regularly goes off for hours if not days at a time. Loves strokes but doesn't often sit on laps or sleep on beds.

But if the DC are ever ill she doesn't leave their side for a second, day or night. She'll curl up next to them wherever they are and watch them for hours. Makes me adore her even more!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now