Talk

Advanced search

Looking for a cat tracker

(12 Posts)
jumpingjellybeann Sat 20-May-17 16:57:47

Hello everyone I am looking for a cat tracker for my cat!

My cat has been knock to go for a wonder ( when he was with his old family) for 4 weeks when he was living in London and my other cat got hit by a car and killed on the main road ( where we live) and I would feel so much better if I could place a little device on my cars collar to be able to check in and check where he is!

We have used one called G Paws but unfortunately wasn't live ( had to take the tracker off of his collar and plug it into the computer to see where he had been) which wasn't the best!

Has anyone else ever got a device to track their cats? Needs to be able to track them live via a phone and light weight!

Thankyou smile

jumpingjellybeann Sat 20-May-17 17:00:32

Known *

jumpingjellybeann Sat 20-May-17 17:01:20

Cats *

I really need to check before I send a message! lol

Tollygunge Sat 20-May-17 17:03:35

Following as I need one as well

jumpingjellybeann Sat 20-May-17 17:05:58

Glad I am not the only one! I worry so much about him but I can only find ones that seem to be too big or for dogs :/

Needingsomeadvice Sat 20-May-17 17:25:43

Hmm. I have used loc8tor tag for my cat who had a health condition. It doesn't use a phone but a tiny handheld remote. Would recommend it though. I used to stand with the door open and press it and as he approached the beeping would get faster and higher pitched. It can fit in a silicone sleeve which you can thread onto the collar so it is flush against it rather than dangling on a ring which IMO is much less intrusive.

walkingtheplank Sun 21-May-17 22:51:04

We had the loc8tor tag on cat's collar. She lost 3 of them in quick succession so we gave up. She hadn't list a collar since she lost the last one with the tag on. Little minx.

LondonHerbivore32 Sat 27-May-17 11:06:05

Pawtrack is amazing, it's a GPS locator collar designed just for cats. Both of mine have them and it's great being able to track them on a laptop or phone in real time. The downside is, it's not a cheap bit of kit. However, I think the collars are well worth the money.

jumpingjellybeann Sat 27-May-17 12:52:32

Hello thankyou so much for the recommendations!

Do you have a link to the paw tracker please ?smile Thankyou!

LondonHerbivore32 Sat 27-May-17 16:11:15

www.pawtrack.com The collars also have a specific lost cat mode and a beeper onboard to help find the collar or cat if lost. I find the battery lasts for about 3 days on average.

jumpingjellybeann Sat 27-May-17 16:47:23

Thankyou! :D

But what happens if they loose it a fair few houses away? We won't be able to hear it? He is very adventurous!

LondonHerbivore32 Sat 27-May-17 18:54:52

The collars have infrared sensors in them and can tell if they fall off the cat and can notify you. They don't stop broadcasting a GPS signal if they come off, so you can easily locate them.

However, I have one very active, adventurous cat (the other is v lazy) and his collar hasn't yet come off, the fittings are very secure and supplied in three size options, so you can customise them to your cat.

I would say the beeper is loud enough to be heard in a garden. I guess the idea is you go to the GPS location supplied by the collar then activate the beeper to find the collar.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now