Talk

Advanced search

Humans, I bring you the gift of........

(20 Posts)
andpeggy29 Sat 20-May-17 03:22:46

A dead mouse, being flung all over your bedroom at 3:20am.

Getting mouse guts on your brand new white company bedlinen.

You are both humbly welcome!

hmmangryhmmangryhmmangryhmmangryhmmangryhmmangryhmmangry

Cunting cat

123bananas Sat 20-May-17 03:28:18

And that is why my cats are not allowed out at night.

I was once woken however by my cat shitting in my bag of clean work uniform which was in my bedroom waiting to be ironed.

Furry fuckers the lot of 'em.

Wh0Kn0wsWhereTheTimeGoes Sat 20-May-17 07:28:52

Yes, that's one reason ours are kept in at night too. Mine wakes me up by walking over me randomly in the night, usually managed to dig a paw firmly between my ribs.

I was one woken by the sound of running water and found one pissing in the pot plant on my dressing table.

Kokusai Sat 20-May-17 07:34:01

Loving these!

Kitten was remarkably chilled last night and we had lovely furry snuggles, but he's now attacking feet thru duvet.

OldGuard Sat 20-May-17 07:37:32

One of mine - not yet identified - has for the last 15 days brought my a dead mouse overnight - every night - laid at the foot of my bed - unharmed except for death - scared to death i imagine - and then gifted to me in Rigamortis - I am not as grateful as I image they think I should be

OldGuard Sat 20-May-17 07:38:55

One night I woke up to discover they had bought in live baby rabbit and were having a lot of fun playing chase and hide and seek - saved baby rabbit and returned to garden - cats did not forgive me for a good 2 days

SnickersWasAHorse Sat 20-May-17 07:40:52

As with others. This is why she isn't allowed out at night.

OldGuard Sat 20-May-17 07:42:14

Mine can come in but not go back out - one way Door

aheffalump Sat 20-May-17 07:43:30

Yesterday I woke up to a perfect mouse liver sitting on my rug. They don't like the liver for some reason (or maybe that's the best bit so they save it for a gift.)

When they were younger we went away overnight and came back to a dead squirrel.

LidlAngel Sat 20-May-17 07:43:59

Mine has only ever hunted sausages. He was very proficient

Monkeypuzzle32 Sat 20-May-17 07:46:48

I once came home from work at 3 in the morning, walked into my kitchen to get a drink before bed and something made me put the light on which I didn't normally do, and there was a row of 5 dead mice on the floor waiting for me, all lined up neatly! I'd have trodden on them with no light.

RoseAndRose Sat 20-May-17 07:50:45

'Come on mum, eat it whilst it's still warm'

Kokusai Sat 20-May-17 07:52:08

A row of five?? Wow.

My chikdhoood cats were amazing hunters.

Kitten is showing signs of being a fab hunter through play but I'm not sure a small cat fenced urban garden is going to provide him with any opportunities for really live hunting.

Squ1ggle Sat 20-May-17 07:53:13

We had an injured bird let loose in our bedroom at 6am this morning on our one toddler free morning when we could have had a lie in angry

iklboo Sat 20-May-17 07:55:55

I just got a live one brought in. Cue Benny Hill music while I chase the little fecker round the front room to put it out (and prevent it being Arfur Deadmouse #3)

Monkeypuzzle32 Sat 20-May-17 07:57:07

Kokusai I had 2 cats at the time but suspect it was just one of them, I always fussed them as s thanks because they obviously thought it was the best present ever! 😻

KeiraTwiceKnightley Sat 20-May-17 08:00:36

My cat once brought a live mouse in which appeared unharmed. I shouted at the cat, which dropped the mouse - the mouse then legged it and ended up in the dolls house.

Shut the cat out and approached the dolls house with a shoebox to rescues the mouse. I expected to find a scene from Beatrix Potter - wearing a little frock and baking a pie in the kitchen perhaps.

TupperwareTat Sat 20-May-17 08:03:02

Aww mine was snuggled on my feet all night bear Shes a goody four shoes.

<runs>

YoullNeverWeeAlone Sat 20-May-17 10:18:27

Ours can go out, but they can't get into our bedroom. Any "gifts" are left on the tiled floor in the breakfast room for me to find in the morning.

Although one did bring a recently deceased mouse in during the day. I was out, so she gave it to my 10 year old who was not grateful grin. We've had no more presents since, so perhaps cat isn't sharing anymore?

Fiona1984 Sun 21-May-17 07:45:31

DP informed the cat has left a half eaten bird down the side of the house, I'll have to retrieve it this morning before it turns nasty. He was only out for a couple of hours too, he's a proper mini panther.
Last summer he found a previously killed mouse I'd chucked over the fence into the woods (thinking I was returning its body to nature), and started throwing it around again. It was definetly past its best, he's disgusting 🤢 (but very cute).
After that I make sure I wrap his presents and put them in the wheelie bin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now