Talk

Advanced search

First time in cattery. Help!

(4 Posts)
loveka Fri 19-May-17 18:29:50

We have 2 ex feral cats.

They are great outdoor lovers. They don't know what a road is as we live along a track. They have 20 acres to play in. They are very happy.

They refuse to use cat litter. Just downright refuse. They hold it in.

So we are moving and our only alternative is to put them in a cattery for a couple of nights I think (advice from here). Our house is small so not possible to lock them in a room. It's a 2 day move 200 miles away.

The vet has prescribed valium for the drive. But I expect the cattery might not give it to them?

Are they going to go loopy in a cattery? What if they won't use the litter there? Wail constantly? They don't allow anyone else to touch them.

One of them is like Houdini. We have never been able to pick her up. She can escape from anything. The vet has to visit her at home and it can take an hour for her to catch her.

What can I do? Should I drug them.before they get taken to the cattery? Thanks.

EachandEveryone Fri 19-May-17 19:16:39

Blooming heck i dont envy you! Is it another farm you are going to im just nosey if its an outside cattery they might be ok wailing away. Are they going to be in together? They will probably be climbing the walls literally and they moght even enjoy it. My cattery will happily give prescribed drugs have you asked them? Can you give feliway or arent they in long enough?

loveka Fri 19-May-17 20:18:49

Ha! We will have a big garden which backs onto woods, so not so much space for them but hopefully enough to keep them happy.

They will be in 2 nights. We are going to drive back to get them after all the furniture is in to try and minimise their stress. 450 mile round trip!

Then we have to keep them in for 2 weeks...

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 19-May-17 21:30:30

It'll be fine, mine uses a tray in there & uses the radiator bed. At home I can get stuffed if I think he's doing either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now