Talk

Advanced search

Un neutered stray.

(7 Posts)
Toddlerteaplease Thu 18-May-17 09:45:42

One of my colleagues has an un neutered stray tom in her garden. Apparently the CPL and the RSPCA won't take it. Because he's not been snipped. Is this really the case? Seems very odd. Any other ideas what she can do? We are not in London.

thecatneuterer Thu 18-May-17 10:42:47

I doubt the reason they won't take it is because he hasn't been done. They won't take him because there just isn't enough room in shelters to take in strays at all. Is he friendly? The best thing she can do is to get him done herself and continue to feed him.

If he needs trapping then a lot of vets can lend automatic traps. CPL also might be able to help with that.

Kokusai Thu 18-May-17 10:57:22

It is quite cheap to get a boy sipped, like <£50. Can your colleague pay to get it done themselves?

Toddlerteaplease Thu 18-May-17 11:53:34

Yes. She's thinking of that. I suggested keeping him herself f he's not chipped. She said he's 'divine'. I don't think keeping him had occurred to her!

Kokusai Thu 18-May-17 12:20:41

She said he's 'divine'

That is a good start!

chemenger Thu 18-May-17 13:04:38

Ask CP if they are running a local neutering campaign, she might be able to get a voucher for very cheap neutering. Surely if she is calling him divine she's a long way along the path of taking him in!
Information of CP neutering with hotline number here:
www.cats.org.uk/what-we-do/neutering/current-neutering-campaigns

Toddlerteaplease Thu 18-May-17 13:24:44

Yes I think she might be. She is totally a cat lady and one of her cats has taken up residence with a neighbour . So she's not happy with that. (The neighbour has semi stolen her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now