Talk

Advanced search

New food, upset stomach

(6 Posts)
roofio87 Wed 17-May-17 20:15:58

Hi Ladies! Me again! Our lovely 1 year old cat came to love with us 5 days ago. He was on a diet of only dry food previous to us. I have introduced one wet meal a day, but in hindsight I have probably not done it slowly enough. He has loved the new food but has been having some very runny poos. Do I just persevere with the new food?! Or try and cut it down? I also need to change his dry food, I wouldn't but I have limited places to buy from and can't get his usual brand. I really don't want to do anything to cause him more upset. What is my best way forward?

dementedpixie Wed 17-May-17 22:16:10

What wet food is it? What dry food do you want to change from/to?

Weedsnseeds1 Wed 17-May-17 23:05:52

Can you buy his normal food on line?

roofio87 Thu 18-May-17 07:40:27

Weeds, it hadn't even occurred to be to get it on line!!! Will do that! I've got quite a bit left for now so that should be fine. I tried him with Whiskers wet food, the gravy pouches.

dementedpixie Thu 18-May-17 07:55:37

Check the packet as it may have added grains/cereals and sugars. Grains can be hard to digest and can cause digestion issues. I get some of my cats food from zooplus and bitiba. I get litter online too

Wolfiefan Thu 18-May-17 07:56:34

Whiskas always upset our last cat. Too rich. I know it's not great quality but Felix seems to upset them less.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now