We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

kitten flea treatments and worming/regime-help!

(8 Posts)
bigbuttons Wed 17-May-17 18:29:55

I have 2 10 week old kittens and know i should be giving them working treatments. The worm one I ordered is roundworm treatment in a syrup and arrives tomorrow. Is that ok whilst they are indoors?
What would you advise I used as a flea preventative and how often should I give it to them?
Many thanks

Wolfiefan Wed 17-May-17 18:31:08

Don't give such tiny kittens anything at all unless prescribed by a vet. Were they treated prior to you getting them?

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Wed 17-May-17 18:32:56

Can't give advice without photos...

The worm treatment will arrive with lengthy instructions but there's no reason that it shouldn't be used indoors.

Lavender works well to keep fleas out of your home. I also use Advocat but there may be an age issue if they're young so you need to ask a vet.

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 17-May-17 18:42:25

Vets at that age, for both things.

bigbuttons Wed 17-May-17 18:57:15

They were due a worm treatment, that is what the breeder said. I can ask at the vets when they go for their jabs in a couple of weeks.
Thanks

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Wed 17-May-17 18:59:35

When my cat had kittens I treated them at (I think) 8 weeks with a paste bought from the vet - although the vet checked them first.

You just kind of squirt it into their mouths.

Wolfiefan Wed 17-May-17 19:02:03

Don't worm then with anything over the counter. Are they due a wormer now? Do you know what they were given before?

bigbuttons Wed 17-May-17 19:10:14

I think the breeder had given a bog standard one. She didn't say get anything special just not cheap stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now