Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can I clip/trim the cats back trousers?

(9 Posts)
FatCatFaces Mon 15-May-17 11:55:54

This is a bit gross so shuffle on if you don't want to hear about cat poo...

Having just gone to battle with nervous cat who has once again managed to squash shit into the fur around her bum/back trousers, I am left wondering if a trim is the best option?

When she gets poo trews we have to go to battle in the bathroom - she wriggles out of my best towel burritos, clamps her tail down and cries like I've chopped her paw off if she so much as hears scissors. It's traumatic for both parties.

She has really long hair and this happens once every couple of months. I'd leave her to it but she stinks and today had dragged her arse across the tiled floor leaving a poo trail in her midst 😷

I'm not sure how she gets it so wrong, this doesn't happen to my other long hair. I guess she panics when it gets stuck to her and then sits down, squashing it in nicely. 😷

Anyhow. It's disgusting for me and upsetting for her. Can I chop her trousers off with gentle cat clippers? If so, which clippers? I could trim gently with scissors if only she'd let me. Otherwise, to the vets for a grooming I guess?

(I caught her eating a dry leaf yesterday so I'm guessing maybe that upset her tum a bit.)

Kokusai Mon 15-May-17 13:04:55

The vet will do a sanitary cut for you! My sisters cat was a menace for getting poo in her long hair (although poo trews is the best name!) and had to have it kept close shaved at the vet.

YetAnotherSpartacus Mon 15-May-17 15:15:11

I believe it is known as BUM SHAVE.

Want2beme Mon 15-May-17 15:15:54

If you can catch her, it's the best thing to do. 2 of my cats have back leg trousers and I cut theirs. It's great when the vet does it though, as they give it a really good close cut. I can only manage to cut a bit at a time and it looks like I've done it with a knife and fork.

FatCatFaces Mon 15-May-17 15:29:50

Well... She likes being brushed so maybe I'll try some two handed trickery later. Brush in one hand, shears in the other. She really does have some quite impressive bloomers. Skinny little cat legs at the bottom, then billowing culottes from the knees up.

Toddlerteaplease Mon 15-May-17 15:36:53

Mine have their trousers cut and I've had no problems with nuggets of poo on the floor since.

Want2beme Mon 15-May-17 20:50:02

FatCatFaces found myself laughing out loud this evening at your poo trews!

Here's my 2 prone to poo trews.

Toddlerteaplease Mon 15-May-17 21:18:52

Oo they look just like my two.

StillMedusa Mon 15-May-17 22:00:01

I have three long haired cats... one never gets poo on herself... the other two....
After the grand shit fest of 2015 which involved steam cleaning the entire house, and getting drenched in poo soaked bubbles by a raging (and then a petite 16 pound) Maine Coon... I now trim my cats butt fur regularly...usually when they are napping :D They don't seem to mind!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now