Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Visiting tom cat troubles...

(3 Posts)
stumblymonkeyreturns Mon 15-May-17 06:50:31

We have four DCats...three quite small girls (all about 3kg) and one monster boy (7kg).

They are all complete sweethearts...total lap cats, love snuggles and the boy in particular is a very laid back snuggler.

They are lovers not fighters.

That being the case a fairly big unneutered black tom cat has decided that our garden is his territory. He sprays his scent around and chases off all intruders to 'his' territory. He's fairly vicious about it and unfortunately considers my cats as intruders when they're in their own garden.

It's making my cats quite nervous and worried about being out unless I'm out with them.

Any ideas of how to dissuade this tom cat?

I've already tried putting the contents of DCats litter tray around the perimeter of the garden to put their scent out there and chase him off when I see him but I work full time so I'm not here enough to dissuade him myself.

I just want DCats to be able to go out without being attacked sad

Vinorosso74 Mon 15-May-17 07:51:08

Spray him with water every time you see him. Noisily chase him off. You might need to persevere with this but hopefully he'll get the message he's not welcome.

stumblymonkeyreturns Mon 15-May-17 08:05:04

The main issue is that I'm out of the house from 7am to 7.30pm in the week so I'm not sure I'm around enough to give him a consistent message sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now