Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have a petfusion cat scratcher? Are they worth the money?

(19 Posts)
bigbuttons Mon 15-May-17 05:26:39

I'm collecting 2 kittens tonight and am considering getting some sort of scratching post. I saw the petfusion on amazon here.
A complete indulgence I'm sure but the reviews are amazing!

Toddlerteaplease Mon 15-May-17 07:55:24

Looks lovely but if it's cardboard won't it get bits all over the place and not last long?

Polter Mon 15-May-17 12:46:58

The link won't work for me but some cats prefer vertical scratching and some prefer horizontal. PolterCat likes both and has a post scratcher and a couple of cardboard ones.

Kokusai Mon 15-May-17 13:06:20

Looks fab, get it.

My cardboard one doesn't get bits everywhere, the bits just sort of stay in the cardboard itself.

bigbuttons Mon 15-May-17 17:29:19

Thanks everyone, these kittens are costing me a fortune already!

Davros Mon 15-May-17 17:36:45

Dr Mewler likes her flat cardboard one, cost less than £5 on Amazon so I replace it when she's ruined both sides. We do get small shreds of cardboard on the floor but I don't care, no big deal. She likes to squash her fat body onto it for a sleep too

Polter Mon 15-May-17 17:41:59

You don't need to spend much at all, Zooplus is great for bargains.

DeleteOrDecay Mon 15-May-17 17:49:04

The link isn't working for me for some reason, but we've ordered this one from zooplus: http://m.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/scratchingposts/scratchingg_posts/471836

It hasn't arrived yet and we don't collect our kitten till next week so I can't say much about the quality, but I figured for £10 you can't really go wrong and if cat doesn't like it then it's not a huge loss.

EachandEveryone Mon 15-May-17 17:57:23

Worth every penny

Ski37 Mon 15-May-17 20:52:44

I spent a fortune on scratch posts and my dad even made my cat a beautiful one out of a real tree ( it's still in my kitchen as an ornament) but my cat won't use it! He loves scratching carpets so we wrapped carpet around a post ..... no.
Bought a combined scratch post/ tree thing hoping he'd feel more comfortable - little fury bastard avoided it as if it was going to kill him. We left this cat tower/ monstrosity in the kitchen for a while until we realised it wasn't being used and should get rid of it........and you've got the punchline..... bastard cat can't let go of it- clinging on as if his littlle legs will drop off.😹

Maudlinmaud Mon 15-May-17 20:56:17

Can't see the link. I have a weird thing for my cats, it's an arch made out of something that looks like a baby bottle cleaning brush and the base is carpet. I'm on my second or third one.

bigbuttons Mon 15-May-17 21:36:13

each that's the one. Why do you rate it so highly?

I'll check out zoo plus, I just got my kitten food from them. I collected the kittens today, bother and sister.mthey are 9 weeks and gorgeous. After initial nervousness which lasted about 5 minutes they've spent 2 hours furiously playing!

Davros Mon 15-May-17 21:48:44

I've seen that arch thing in Asda. Not sure how much.

Ski37 Mon 15-May-17 21:52:10

Do the cardboard arche things work well? I'm getting desperate ...

Maudlinmaud Mon 15-May-17 22:01:21

This is what it looks like. I was actually trying to capture a pic of my cat licking her bits. I'm not some strange person it just really humoured me. She likes this contraption and it only cost about £5.

EachandEveryone Mon 15-May-17 22:34:24

Its so good because she uses it alot. Kittens might be too young for it though. Mine likes to scratch and stretch on it and sleep with her head through the holes. Plus it is nice to look at.

www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/scratching_posts/scratching_posts/scratching_barrell/194645 this is proper fantastic though and the xl one would be fab for two.

bigbuttons Tue 16-May-17 06:07:53

Thanks each, the male kitten was really scratching at the carpet last night and it was his first evening in the house, so it seems as if he might appreciate this, then again, n knowing cats, he might just continue to scratch the carpet.
In all fairness the carpet does to sisal-like. It sounds like this might be good then. Yes they do look attractive. I just have to work out where to fit it into my tiny house!

Polter Tue 16-May-17 08:10:24

PolterCat had this one for Christmas and loves it. It's a bit small for him to curl up on (he's a 7kg cat) but he does his best tbusmile

Davros Tue 16-May-17 09:07:19

I can just see the cardboard peeping out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now