Talk

Advanced search

Bleeding after using the litter tray

(9 Posts)
JamAndBread Fri 12-May-17 21:26:06

For the last few days when BreadCat has used the litter tray she's meowed really loudly after. At first I just thought she was meowing for me. blush (We've just moved house and she meowed a lot when we moved in.) But now I think she might be in pain?

I haven't noticed any blood in her litter but just now she's had a poo and then come in with blood on her bum!

I'm so worried. Obviously I'll take her to the vets but in the meanwhile does anyone have any ideas of what it is/how I can help?

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 12-May-17 21:46:43

Possibly cystitis but the vet will know. I'd imagine she's in pain.

Is your vet open Saturday's?. Pets at home vets are, there's usually a line of owners with poorly pets.

SaorAlbaGuBrath Fri 12-May-17 21:49:44

My wee cat had bleeding after he had a pee and it was cystitis. It's easily treated but needs to be caught early before it causes damage.

JamAndBread Fri 12-May-17 22:09:36

I think it's coming from her rectum. Although maybe not as I've just checked her poo and it's not bloody. When they bleed after a wee where is the blood? She is just a big ball of fur so it's so difficult to see clearly! And I obviously don't know a lot about cat anatomy.

She's purring away happily and she's been eating as normal.

JamAndBread Fri 12-May-17 22:13:00

Fluffy, our old vets is open on a Saturday but it's a long drive away now we've moved. We've literally just moved so I don't have a new vet for her yet. Although our lovely vet did give us a few recommendations before we left so I have a list of places to ring in the morning.

There is a pets at home near ish. I hadn't ever thought about using their vets. Are they any good?

thecatneuterer Fri 12-May-17 22:18:56

Pets at Home generally aren't bad. They have good opening hours and don't charge out of hours rates and don't overcharge generally. Obviously all the vets are different, so I can't comment on the quality of the vets, but the ones I've dealt with have been fine.

My first thought was also cystitis.

mrsBeverleygoldberg Fri 12-May-17 22:24:11

Two of my cats have had cystitis and peeing on the bed and blood in wee/blood on back legs were signs. Again all other behaviour was normal. Cats are good at hiding illness. I asked a couple of random dog walkers for a vet recommendation when we moved. Also see if any local vets have reviews.

WeeCheekyBird Fri 12-May-17 22:26:49

My little dude had that before himself and it turned out he had done a slightly too big poo and gave himself a wee cut on his backside. He would got "Weew-weew-weew" everytime he used his litter tray and I worried he was really hurt.

I think he'd held on a bit too long when we moved into our new house as he was still nervous and wouldn't go to the toilet.

Turned out he was just being a drama queen.

JamAndBread Fri 12-May-17 22:33:09

Ok, I've looked up a diagram of cat anatomy. I now understand why you're saying cystitis. Every day's a school day.

I've given her some stool softening beef paste (yum) just in case though.

She's just settling down to have a little snooze.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now