Talk

Advanced search

Do you let yours have a poo in peace?

(18 Posts)
EachandEveryone Wed 10-May-17 22:11:15

So as well as having to keep her company whilst she eats i now seem to be some kind of toilet attendent. Every night at 915 pm this week once ive fed her i find myself switching all the lights off in the flat then shutting the door gently. I go back 15 mins later and shes not only pooed but buried it too. She has never ever buried it just happened this week. Its a nice routine we have but its abit weird isnt it? Its been since she got back from the cattery.I dont know what she will do when im on nights.

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Wed 10-May-17 22:21:34

In a tray? Spongecat has one of those covered trays, with a swing door, so she has an ensuite.

EachandEveryone Wed 10-May-17 22:44:28

Oh god she has this bloody expenisve thing looks lke a cube shes never really took to it but just this week shes using it like clockwork.

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Wed 10-May-17 22:51:59

So, are you thinking she won't do that if you aren't there? Spongecat buries her poo, I hear the scratching at the bottom of the too expensive cat box thing.

ememem84 Wed 10-May-17 22:53:49

Catface poops at 8pm and then at 6am. And then comes to tell me about it. Guaranteed at 605am tomorrow there'll be. A little paw patting my face and a big MEOW! To let me know.

It's nice in a way. But so early....

EachandEveryone Wed 10-May-17 23:14:06

I that ni she will do it when im there but in the spare tray in my bedroom which im not that keen on her doing really. She needs to start using the overpriced one with the worlds most expensive cat litter in it!

EachandEveryone Wed 10-May-17 23:15:11

Sorry that doesnt make sense! I think she will do it im my bedroom when im at work.

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Thu 11-May-17 11:58:36

I see. While you aren't on nights, could you try a treat and lavish praise after she has performed in Expensive Cube? I know cat aren't at all eager to please, like dogs, but might be worth a shot?

YetAnotherSpartacus Thu 11-May-17 12:16:22

What part of 'cat slave' don't you understand? It's in the position desscription surely? smile <not helpful>

Scribblegirl Thu 11-May-17 12:18:13

Ours miaow for each other while they're in the litter tray. Genuinely, one will go sit on it and cry for the other to come and watch him. It's so weird grin

Oldraver Thu 11-May-17 12:47:19

Ernie, despite being a generally stupid cat, taught himself to poo outside the moment he was let out. He now has his own patch in front of the bamboo...I did put a screen up but he wasn't impressed.

The soil is very loose and he digs such a big hole his legs disappear... he then buries it so deep I have a big soon to look for it. I did remark this morning that I prefer when he's eaten grass as it strings the poo together...I had to keep digging this morning.

He comes out with all his white legs covered in soil

scaryteacher Fri 12-May-17 10:00:28

The cat trays are in the futility room. I don't go in to put washing on or get to the freezer whilst either of their Lordships are on a tray...I get looked at in horror if I am in view.

I am permitted to clean the trays instantly after use for them though, after giving them approval for being so clever. I can tell when the long haired one is cross with me, as he poops on the floor.

YetAnotherSpartacus Fri 12-May-17 13:53:16

The cat trays are in the futility room

Was that deliberate? I think we should all have one of those.

ememem84 Fri 12-May-17 18:27:51

scribble such little furry weirdos

EachandEveryone Fri 12-May-17 18:37:11

Well she did it in the cube last night and I want even there! That's progress.

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Fri 12-May-17 18:42:06

Result!

TupperwareTat Fri 12-May-17 18:42:10

Mine wont do it, if I forget and walk past her. She gives me the look hmm

PicInAttic Sun 28-May-17 18:16:22

I want a futility room for my cats' litter trays.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now