Talk

Advanced search

Whiskas Temptations

(4 Posts)
PhyllisNights Mon 08-May-17 20:52:28

A few months ago, I started getting Whiskas Temptations for my 10 year old cat. Previously, my cat hadn't eat anything other than usual dry cat food. I would always buy treats for my dog, so when I saw the Temptations on a special offer, I decided to even things out and get the cat treats.

Unfortunately, this has resulted in the cat acting strangely. She goes over to her bowl several times a day and cry meows. She's started scratching the sofas (which she never did before), and she tends to wake up earlier in the night, scratching and meowing outside my door.

I'm worried that giving these treats to my cats has changed her. She can't seem to go a day without them. I want to take her to the vets, but my husband feels like I'm overreacting. Has anyone got any advice on this?

TheCatOfAthenry Mon 08-May-17 23:00:25

Hi Phyllis. My little cat gets used to treats very quickly and this could be a similar case!

If I'm not wrong, I think you said you're pregnant on another thread (congrats, by the way) and some cats seem to detect this and behave differently.

Either way, a feliway diffuser or the odd helping of Dreamies might help. And posting a cat picture for us. That will definitely help. smile

Qwebec Thu 11-May-17 00:41:26

I can't say if it is really this, but my cat got nuts when we had to give her treats every day (to hide medication). We quit as soon as possible and after a few days she relaxed and was herself again. I suspect they smuggle crack in cat treats.

PhyllisNights Fri 12-May-17 20:28:13

Here she is.

I think I'm going to try to cut her down to Fridays. I'll just have to deal with the crying meows for a week.

I didn't even think about the cat and my pregnancy. I just assumed it would be an issue with my dog (who has been very protective).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now