Talk

Advanced search

She's obsessed with the ironing board!

(6 Posts)
Primadonnagirl Sat 29-Apr-17 16:52:01

My 18 year old little sweetie is completely obsessed with the ironing board. She can hear you putting it up a mile off and then comes running in to sit under it whilst you iron. Now this is all lovely and cute until ... heaven forbid! ...a piece of clothing touches her. Then she flicks her tail and yelps as if you are hurting her. Can't help but think it's linked to something in the past ( she struggled to be housed at first but has been with us for 17 years!) Thing is, I can't not use the ironing board! Any ideas?

YesItsMeIDontCare Sat 29-Apr-17 16:57:29

Stop ironing. Seriously. When you take stuff out of the washing machine hang it up to dry on hangers. I haven't ironed for about 3 years grin.

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 29-Apr-17 17:26:31

Toy decoy ironing board.

Primadonnagirl Sat 29-Apr-17 21:27:42

I think it's the actual act of ironing she is lured to.....if only she could do it

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Sat 29-Apr-17 21:29:57

is she getting a static shock?? maybe she likes the thrill?

but yes, seriously give up the ironing.

Toddlerteaplease Sun 30-Apr-17 12:53:41

We used to have a cat who lived the ironing board. We just used to iron with him sitting on one end. The main problem was that he was white and out school uniforms were black!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now