Talk

Advanced search

Little lost cat

(14 Posts)
SanFranBear Sat 29-Apr-17 12:30:02

I came home yesterday and in the 5 minutes before the school run, I noticed a small cat in our garden - mainly because it was crying. When I came back, it was still hanging about and was in and out all evening, still crying.

I noticed it was still there as it was starting to get dark so I put a very small handful of biscuits outside in case as it is very small. Kept checking and it was still there (on my back step) at 11 when I was headed to bed.

It is so so timid - scarpered every time I tried to get close but is not in really bad shape. It does look to be very thin although in fairly good condition if that makes sense but it has a slightly matted bib and it's coat doesn't look that clean. That's why I figure it's lost rather than a stray?

It was back this morning and despite being so nervous, I was able to tempt it to me with some biscuits. I managed a few strokes whilst it was eating and it really does feel so skinny - although that might be because my cat is a big old thing.

I'm wary on grabbing it and taking it to the vets in case it's a neighbours new addition but I can't help thinking it's got lost. It looks scared in as much as a cat has a facial expression sad.

What should I do? DC are off to a party in 10 minutes so I could probably get the cat and get them to a vet but not sure whether to leave it for a few days to see if it just likes hanging around...

troodiedoo Sat 29-Apr-17 12:35:34

Phone your local cats protection or take it to a vet.

troodiedoo Sat 29-Apr-17 12:37:32

Trust your instincts it sounds lost to me.

Asmoto Sat 29-Apr-17 12:37:35

Can you take it to the vet to be scanned?

thecatneuterer Sat 29-Apr-17 13:18:01

Definitely feed it and get it scanned. After that may be a rescue or adopt it grin. It will almost certainly need neutering though.

SapphireStrange Sat 29-Apr-17 15:26:23

Agree with getting it scanned. And we need a pic!

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 29-Apr-17 17:03:44

I'd get it scanned and put food and water. It sounds lost and frightened.

SanFranBear Sat 29-Apr-17 18:44:04

Typically, it's been awol all afternoon - mainly because neighbours DC and now mine are all out the back making lots of noise.

If it comes back later, I will make sure to put some food out. It did sound frightened and had a really haunted kind of look sad

This is probably the best pic which I've used for the local FB page - it's on my back door step, just staring as if it wants in.

JamesDelaneysHat Sat 29-Apr-17 18:46:02

She doesn't look 'stray skinny' to me. She may just have wandered too far from home. Hopefully you'll find her owners poor little thing.

WatcherOfTheNight Sat 29-Apr-17 18:50:33

Aww poor thing,I also think it doesn't look that skinny so may be lost as PP have said.
Really hope she's chipped.

WatcherOfTheNight Sat 29-Apr-17 18:52:22

Don't forget to put some water out with the biscuits Op,if it's not rained she may get dehydrated.
Good on you for putting out biscuits & looking out for her.

SanFranBear Sat 29-Apr-17 19:09:47

I could really feel her shoulder blades when I got a sneaky stroke in but agree that she looks like she's just misplaced. And the fact s/he's just hanging around the back door by the cat flap makes me think they've definitely been 'someones' at some point.

Will let you know if s/he reappears.

OliviaStabler Sun 30-Apr-17 06:57:04

We had a spate of stray cats in our area as people were moving house but leaving their cats behind sad

giggly Sun 30-Apr-17 08:53:06

What area are you in. I was just about to post that my 8 month boy did not come home last night . His brother was knocked down 4 weeks ago and I'm dreading that this has happened to ghis one as well. It does look very like mine. Are you in G67?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now