Talk

Advanced search

Tips on how to get cat to take pro Kolin for diarrhoea

(6 Posts)
Sunflower6 Fri 28-Apr-17 23:23:26

Hi my poor boy has diarrhoea vet has prescribed pro kolin but my cat won't touch it. I've tried mixing it in his food he won't eat food with it in. My other cat took pro kolin when she needed it no problem - does anyone have any tips for getting cats to take pro kolin? sad

Ollivander84 Fri 28-Apr-17 23:25:20

Is it a powder or liquid? That lick e Lix stuff maybe?

Vinorosso74 Fri 28-Apr-17 23:33:39

Oh god we had that. The nurse showed me to scrape it on to the tongue (of the cat that is) against the sticky up bits so forwards. Our cat is ok with tablets but that was a 2 person job.

Sunflower6 Sat 29-Apr-17 07:25:15

It's the paste type stuff he won't take tablets generally either and I don't have a partner to help me. I tried to get some in his mouth via the dispenser but he wasn't best pleased and I didn't get it all in.

OliviaStabler Sat 29-Apr-17 07:31:17

Could you put some of his legs above his front paws? When my cat had furballs the vet said to put some of the paste she gave me on his legs as cats will lick it off.

ClarasZoo Sat 29-Apr-17 16:47:06

The only way I could get my cat to take it was to smear it on the top of his leg slowly bit by bit throughout the day. he would lick
it off. He started to resent it a bit though I think - but not as much as when I tried to squeeze it direct into his mouth! i tried putting it on his paw but he could flick it off those - top of leg/body was the best place...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now