Talk

Advanced search

Feeling Guilty

(13 Posts)
PinkSparklyPussyCat Thu 27-Apr-17 20:39:09

DH and I are off to Florida tomorrow, leaving Harry with his amazing pet sitter. Why do I feel so guilty? He's got the run of the house and the garden is now cat proofed so there shouldn't be a repeat of his disappearing act from last time but I just feel awful about leaving him!

Wolfiefan Thu 27-Apr-17 20:40:41

Enjoy your cuddles tonight. He will be safe. You will feel more guilty when you return and he puts "the guilt" on you.
You will get over it shortly afterwards when he exacts "the revenge!"
grin

PinkSparklyPussyCat Thu 27-Apr-17 20:47:05

He's behind me on the back of the sofa, snoring away!

His way of doing 'the guilt' is to be super loving to us when we get home. 'The revenge' has often been a furball, or recently more extreme - he's had to to to the vet the last couple of times as he's not eaten!

Toddlerteaplease Thu 27-Apr-17 21:32:51

I know what you mean. I feel terrible leaving mine. But have a camera on to keep an eye on them occasionally and I know they are fine. They are a bit funny with visitors but they are always all over their cat sitter and they even allow her to brush them.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Thu 27-Apr-17 21:36:40

I thought about getting a camera but I know I'd worry more, especially if I couldn't see him!

Harry loves his cat sitter, apparently he sits on the bed and meows until she goes in and makes a fuss of him. He never does that with me. Now I'm obviously pleased he likes her so much but it is a little bit hurtful!

Wolfiefan Thu 27-Apr-17 21:39:28

He will be safe.
He will be at home where he feels happiest.
You have made it safe and cat proof.
He traitorlikes the cat sitter.

You are doing the right thing!

Weedsnseeds1 Thu 27-Apr-17 21:40:37

They want you to feel guilty. He'll be fine but will make you suffer when you get back!
Toddler what sort of camera do you have? I have a 2 week holiday in September and already have separation anxiety! If I'm away for work, OH holds the phone and blobcat and I chat to each other, but if we're both away, his live in cat sitter will probably think I'm a bit odd phoning the cat every day!

Toddlerteaplease Thu 27-Apr-17 21:55:28

It's a Motorola Hubble one. The basic one. I wish I'd spent a bit more and got the next model up as it pans around the room. I can't tell them apart on it but it's nice to see them moving around.

Weedsnseeds1 Thu 27-Apr-17 22:11:43

Persians move? grin
I'll start researching!

Toddlerteaplease Thu 27-Apr-17 22:25:40

Ha ha yes. Particularly this morning when I was trying to have a post night shift nap on the sofa instead of going to bed. Snorg decided it was time to use her vocal cords and Fatty had to make biscuits on me. Then have a mad half hour racing around the house. Daft animals.

BaliBound Thu 27-Apr-17 22:28:59

I sympathise. We're off on a 2 week holiday tomorrow and mines off to the cattery. It's a lovely cattery and he knows the ladies but I still feel the guilt sad Have a lovely holiday!

PinkSparklyPussyCat Thu 27-Apr-17 22:37:01

You too BaliBound

My poor cat sitter has had an email rivalling War and Peace to ensure she panders to his every whim. Anyone would think she hasn't looked after a cat before but I can't help it!

Toddlerteaplease Fri 28-Apr-17 18:54:37

I'm putting my two in a cattery for the first time this summer and I'm resisting the temptation to write a list of instructions for them. Will have to write something about how to tell them apart as the cattery will have no hope!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now