Talk

Advanced search

Good quality complete wet food

(23 Posts)
LivingInMidnight Thu 27-Apr-17 17:56:20

Please can anyone give me any suggestions?

She's gone off thrive (and I have loads hmm) and hilife (also have loads). Gone off the posh sainsbury's ones (only actually have a handful of those!). Only eats the sauce on James wellbeloved turkey, which is handy if I need her to take a tablet as I can crush it in but not much use overall. Does not like cosma, animonda or greenwood.

She will only eat fish flavours, likes applaws but it's not complete. She's not into dry food, despite only eating dry at the shelter. She's extremely interested in thrive treats, but not with her food.

She has a long history of stomach issues so I'm trying to stick to higher quality foods. I've tried fish flavour dry food but that didn't interest her so far.

Help. My garage looks like a pets at home food aisle.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Thu 27-Apr-17 18:54:35

I'm about to make another donation to the charity my cat sitter supports as my living room also resembles Pets at Home!

Harry likes Natures Menu but there's only one fish flavour, chicken with turkey, tuna and salmon. He's turned his nose up at it this evening though!

CornflakeHomunculus Thu 27-Apr-17 18:58:47

Millies Woflheart (known for very high quality dog food) have started doing a range of cat food which includes a couple of complete wet foods.

LivingInMidnight Thu 27-Apr-17 19:59:50

Pink her former shelter is doing very well out of it! Thanks I will definitely try that.

Cornflake thank you! I'll try that too.

Weedsnseeds1 Thu 27-Apr-17 21:50:47

There really should be some sort of litter tray swap shop for cat food and toys! The PAH canned food has decent ingredients ( have seen it made, pouches are a different factory, so can't comment on those).

dementedpixie Thu 27-Apr-17 21:55:35

Mine eat wainwrights tuna (pets at home own brand), James wellbeloved lamb and feringa food (bought from bitiba or zooplus). It's all kitten food at the moment so less choice of flavours.

Have you ever tried butchers tinned cat food? Think they have fish options

AyeAyeFishyPie Thu 27-Apr-17 22:23:10

Nature's Menu chicken, salmon and tuna. It's the only bloody wet mine will eat.

LivingInMidnight Thu 27-Apr-17 22:46:44

pixie she's not tried the lamb, that's a point. The fox loved feringa (forgot I'd bought that!). I currently have very well fed foxes and hedgehogs grin. I might give that and butchers another try though, thanks.

weeds there should be! Right, I need to go to PAH because if you've seen it made and still recommend it it must be alright! Thanks!

Pie thanks, I'm looking at that now! Amazon want me to bulk buy it, I'm not falling for that again. She loves tuna though so this might work.

Ollivander84 Thu 27-Apr-17 23:08:50

Natures menu
Lily's kitchen
Meowing heads

AutumnEve Thu 27-Apr-17 23:12:52

Royal Canin

EachandEveryone Fri 28-Apr-17 01:11:31

Mines exactly the same all of a sudden she hates Thrive and Lily's Kitchen.

How're I got a small bag of this dry and she's loves it! All of a sudden she's gone into dry and this is grain free, She does like the posh Sainsbury's wet good so I think I'm going to stick to this combo for now.

Ps Sheba Choice cuts always go down well I'm not sure of the quality but they have a high meat fish content

m.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/dry_cat_food/purizon/adult_cat/407549?gclid=CNGpwODtxdMCFcsK0wod4V4DKQ

LivingInMidnight Fri 28-Apr-17 17:50:25

Right, I've been to PAH and got wainwrights and a few other things. She's already refused something called purely holistic, which, to be fair, turned out to be very similar to hilife. I've got something called 'seriously good' and something called 'core'. They only had multi packs of natures menu but in hindsight I should have just bought it. I was looking at meowing heads, I should have got that too.

each thanks, I'll get that from zooplus. Couldn't see it in PAH! I've got some different dry food in case that tempts her. She doesn't like lily's kitchen either.

On the way to PAH I passed a big Cookes. It looked interesting so I might have to visit at some point.

EachandEveryone Fri 28-Apr-17 17:55:21

Never heard of Cookes. Mines just obbsessed with that purizon dry food. It looks wholesome i hope it is! Have you tried lik e lix on her food? Have you kept her really hungry?

Toddlerteaplease Fri 28-Apr-17 18:03:57

Weeds, a swap shop is a brilliant idea!! I spent a fortune on wet food when Fatty did her jaw the first time. Gave it away and she had to have more. Put them back on wet food so have loads of expensive food left!

dementedpixie Fri 28-Apr-17 18:12:51

Mine didn't like purely holistic either and I'd bought 2 boxes. Took one full box back and they let me swap it for something else. They like the AVA dry food (also PAH own make)

Ollivander84 Fri 28-Apr-17 19:20:07

Living - mine hated the holistic stuff
Do NOT get forthglade. Even stable cat refused it shockshock which is unheard of
Core is one mine likes too smile

Ollivander84 Fri 28-Apr-17 19:21:01

Ooh yes forgot the holistic is a pets at home one so they will swap that. Even if you've used any they have a guarantee on it

cozietoesie Fri 28-Apr-17 20:00:57

Stablecat refused it? shock

Ollivander84 Fri 28-Apr-17 20:10:52

Yes shock
Ollie wouldn't go near it, she sniffed it and walked off. I binned it as I figured nothing else was going to eat it grin
She says Hi

LivingInMidnight Fri 28-Apr-17 20:11:34

ollivander they'll take it back?! Thanks for telling me that, I'll swap it. It looked horrible tbh I'm not surprised she didn't eat it! I already ruled out forthglade because of the awful reviews I've seen so thanks for confirming that.

each it looks like cookes is a Yorkshire thing grin. I confess I have not kept her hungry. I can't take the crying. Also, the other cat's food is out.

She wasn't interested in 'seriously good'. Not that I have a buffet going or anything

She has stress related stomach problems and she has seemed a bit highly strung this week. I've just seen what looked like a stray in the garden so that might not be helping. Will keep my eye out, it looked like it might need help.

hugoagogo Fri 28-Apr-17 20:20:01

Mine likes royal canin 'intense beauty' hmm
all cats seem to hate that purely stuff how can they stay in business if people only ever buy it once?

Ollivander84 Fri 28-Apr-17 20:25:56

Living - yep. They have some guarantee thing on their own brand food even if you've used some. Probably be on their website somewhere but they will give you the money back

LivingInMidnight Fri 28-Apr-17 20:29:30

This is the problem cat. Stable cat is gorgeous!

I have to admit being slightly confused about choosing what type of royal canin. She's only really had the sensitivity or Gastro ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now