Talk

Advanced search

Adopted Pregnant Stray - Help Needed...

(11 Posts)
cows573 Tue 25-Apr-17 23:37:23

Although I have a very long history of owning cats, I haven't had a cat having kittens in over 20 yrs!

I have just re-homed a pregnant stray cat from the vets but, as we have no 'norm' to work from, we really don't know what early signs to look for regarding her being close to delivery.

We have had her nearly 2 weeks, the vet reckoned she was two or three weeks from delivery. She constantly eat for the first few days we had her and since then has had to be encouraged to eat. All she does is sleep all the time, except when she has been looking for a nesting box (of course not the one I have made for her!). She has been behaving like this for about a week.

Her nipples are swollen with risen area around them, including some scabbing of the raised area.

Any advice on when we could expect our new arrivals?

isseywithcats Wed 26-Apr-17 14:20:45

very soon smile

isseywithcats Wed 26-Apr-17 14:22:35

watch out for her having a show like humans do when she loses the cervical plug, and wherever she decides to settle for labour put plenty of towels under her so you can remove them when kits have arrived

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Wed 26-Apr-17 14:23:42

For lots of support we really need pics!! And kitten pics for real proof of the post!!
Your new addition will likely let you know when babies are imminent!!
Somewhere warm, quiet and hidden. Lots of yummy food and water. Lots of treats and strokes. And a composed birthing partner to accompany her!!
And a camera for mners!! grin
And winefor you!!

cows573 Thu 27-Apr-17 20:36:34

She produced a show around 2.30pm today...

Has been discharging a small amount of blood since but no further progress as yet...

isseywithcats Thu 27-Apr-17 21:18:01

kittens will be here by tomorrow night i bet you good luck xxx

cows573 Thu 27-Apr-17 23:53:52

Had her seen by a vet tonight, he wants to wait until tomorrow as she hasn't opened up....

Going to stay up with her tonight...

cows573 Fri 28-Apr-17 21:05:08

Fanta had dead kittens and was trying to abort. She had a c-section today and was spayed at the same time...

She is now recovering well. I will try to post what she was like when we collected her from the vet and now...

isseywithcats Sat 29-Apr-17 14:41:13

oh so sorry at least she was in your care and not out on the streets trying to cope with this by herself which would probably have resulted in her dying too, sadly not all births have the welcome outcome of kittens to cuddle, at least she wont ever have to worry about being pregnant ever again, enjoy your lovely cat xxxx

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Sun 30-Apr-17 15:29:17

Ah so sorry. . flowers

ElizaDontlittle Sun 30-Apr-17 15:32:32

Oh how sad. I hope you're ok and she recovers well and is home for some snuggles. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now