Talk

Advanced search

Fatty just sat on my knee!!

(32 Posts)
Toddlerteaplease Mon 24-Apr-17 19:13:45

I so chuffed. She's only ever sat half on one thigh. Had a brainwave and got an old towel for her as she loves my old dressing gown. She sat there for at least ten minutes. Might make a lap cat of her yet!

PinkSparklyPussyCat Mon 24-Apr-17 20:28:38

Oh bless her! I'm jealous though, Harry sat on my lap once and that was on top of my laptop!

TheLongRider Mon 24-Apr-17 20:57:27

Oh well done! It took years for one of ours to decide she was a knee cat. Once she did she never stopped.

Inarightpickleandchutney Mon 24-Apr-17 21:59:51

Did you photograph the momentous occasion? <hopeful>
My lovely old fluffball was happy to be fussed sitting next to you, just never actually on you, was so desperate to have a lap cat but got pretty close. Loved that kitty!

Toddlerteaplease Mon 24-Apr-17 22:16:59

Yes Pickle, I did.

Weedsnseeds1 Mon 24-Apr-17 22:20:50

Awwwww, that's lovely. She's practicing for when you want to go out somewhere, so you'll feel too guilty to disturb her and stay in!
I can only fit half of mine on my lap at any given time. If it's the back end, your legs go numb!

Bleurghghghgh Mon 24-Apr-17 22:59:21

Aaaaww

Bleurghghghgh Mon 24-Apr-17 22:59:37

PS more pics of fatty please

Inarightpickleandchutney Tue 25-Apr-17 09:09:30

It's not healthy how much I love these cats! Just so gorgeous!
Thanks for humouring me toddler!
I still think they should have their own Instagram account,
You can retire off the sponsors ha ha grin

Toddlerteaplease Tue 25-Apr-17 10:01:34

Always happy to oblige with pictures! Glad people appreciate them. My lovely work colleagues think they are ugly. I got asked how my pug was the other day! Mustn't miss out her sister Bleurgh, she'll feel left out!

Inarightpickleandchutney Tue 25-Apr-17 16:33:27

Lovely fluffballs!! They do make me smile, can't wait to get my own in September.
How can anyone think they are ugly??!

NotYoda Tue 25-Apr-17 20:59:18

Aw, she's lovely

Frida will only sit on my lap with a blanket on it (but not the fluffy side, the smooth side)

Toddlerteaplease Tue 25-Apr-17 21:17:14

She's now curled up on my chest with my arm round her. I'm wearing the dressing gown she likes. Snorg is asleep and snoring on her cushion. Purrfect.

Inarightpickleandchutney Tue 25-Apr-17 22:21:53

Aw they are like central heating smile

Wolfiefan Tue 25-Apr-17 22:24:22

Oh bless that's lovely. Are they rescues or have you had them from kittens?

Toddlerteaplease Tue 25-Apr-17 22:45:19

They are rescues. I've had them since August 2015. They were rescued aged five in may 2015. From what sounded like a kitten farm.

Inarightpickleandchutney Tue 25-Apr-17 23:29:57

They so lovely and glad they are pampered! Kitten farm sounds horrible.
I'm still prepared to admin their insta career grin
So lucky, everyone with lovely cats, my house isn't complete for now

Wolfiefan Tue 25-Apr-17 23:39:22

I only ask as old girl was a rescue. She was prone to kneading with her claws. I think she got reprimanded for that in the past. So eventually she would sit on me if I had a blanket or duvet or big dressing gown on.
sad

mineofuselessinformation Tue 25-Apr-17 23:41:09

It took my old git three years to sit in my legs...smile

DramaAlpaca Tue 25-Apr-17 23:44:32

I'm very jealous envy

Our ginger boy will regularly sit on all my DSes knees, but he won't sit on mine. I miss having a lap cat,.

Germgirl Tue 25-Apr-17 23:49:22

Are they really called Fatty and Snorg? Brilliant names!

Botanicbaby Wed 26-Apr-17 00:06:23

aw thats lovely she sat on your lap, its so special when they do something unexpected like that isn't it? patience is key with pets as it gets rewarded once you have earned their trust.

my 'naughty tortie' long haired rescue almost tolerates being brushed now (and holding paws).

I'd love her to be a lap cat but I will take whatever I can get, just love that she wants to be in the same room as me. I am so grateful grin

Toddlerteaplease Wed 26-Apr-17 09:23:13

No their real names are Magic and Maia. My sister nicknamed them Fatty cat and Snorg maiden and it stuck. I wanted to re name them when I got them but decided at 5 they probably knew their names so didn't change them.

iloveeverykindofcat Wed 26-Apr-17 09:35:03

I have the opposite problem, Bibi is always on top of me. I have some cute pics of us though.

Toddlerteaplease Wed 26-Apr-17 09:54:33

Awww. To cute. Nose rubs are the best!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now