Talk

Advanced search

My Cat is not like any cat I have ever known.

(20 Posts)
Smeaton Mon 24-Apr-17 09:02:41

I swear she's half dog.

She follows me from room to room like a shadow.
She meows at the door of any room I'm in, this is very annoying at night.
She scrounges by sitting in front of me staring.
She scrounges by jumping up and trying to steal from my plate.
She eats things from my fingers, very cat I've ever known has reacted like food was poison if I offered it in my fingers.
She sits in the window and growls when anyone comes near our house.
Her favourite place is my knee, I sit for a second and she's on it, she even tries it when I'm on the loo! Naked knees and cat claws are no fun.

So all these tales of cats not giving a stuff, only bothering with their owners because of food are either all lies or my cat is half dog. grin

Weedsnseeds1 Mon 24-Apr-17 09:37:03

Mine is pretty much the same, apart from scrounging. He also walks on a lead and can follow simple commands such as up, down, sit, paw etc.

Smeaton Mon 24-Apr-17 10:07:30

Her favourite seems to be cheese puff crisps. She's crackers for them, even dreamies pale in comparison to cheese puffs. grin
Here she is looking very content after licking my fingers. Lol

thecatneuterer Mon 24-Apr-17 15:36:20

What I don't understand is why she has to meow at the door of the bedroom. Surely her rightful place at night is in your bed!

ZilphasHatpin Mon 24-Apr-17 15:41:17

Oh mine don't meow at the bedroom door. They just claw up all the carpet instead hmm we don't close doors anymore. Not allowed to apparently.

dnamummy Mon 24-Apr-17 15:43:56

Ditto plus mine retrieves toys for hours if I'll throw them - I've got a Siamese dog haven't I?😂

Natsku Mon 24-Apr-17 15:47:57

Mine loves to play fetch (a joke cockroach toy is her favourite), always greets me at the door when I come home, will sit on command if she thinks I have a treat in my hand and has been known to steal a whole chicken leg off my plate when I got distracted!

She also loves belly rubs which seems to be more of a dog thing, and likes to snuggle in bed.

Smeaton Mon 24-Apr-17 15:54:26

Wow lots of puppy cats then!

As for her being in my bed, my GF might have something to say about that. grin

GinAndOnIt Mon 24-Apr-17 16:07:58

Zilpha GinCat does the exact same thing. Well, he did. We don't have any carpet left anymore!

DP says GinCat is more of a Labrador than our dog is grin

When I was whistle training the dog, the first part of training was just in the house, and getting the dog to come to me from a different room for a treat. The cat picked it up sooner than the dog, that when that whistle blows, there's FOOD!

We gave up on the training. The cat got fat and the dog got confused why there was never a treat left by the time he'd got to me grin

ZilphasHatpin Mon 24-Apr-17 16:09:30

The cat picked it up sooner than the dog, that when that whistle blows, there's FOOD!

Yep! Ours knows the dogs cue for a treat and jumps on the counter to snatch it. We have to treat him at the same time now.

DumbledoresApprentice Mon 24-Apr-17 17:32:17

Mine doesn't scrounge food but does follow me about and try to climb on my lap when I'm on the loo. She loves having her belly rubbed and had been trained to give a high five for treats. She will eat from my hands but isn't interested in human food thankfully. She also walks on a lead. She's much less aloof than any cat I've had before and likes guests and visitors. She's much gentler and more affectionate than any cat I've had before which is lovely but you do feel less special because she'll happily cuddle up with anyone. When my grumpy, scratchy arsehole cat came for a cuddle I used to feel so honoured, this one is a total floozy. This is her half an hour after arriving home from the shelter.

Natsku Tue 25-Apr-17 06:33:06

Forgot, mine follows me too but only at bedtime and get up time. She won't go up to bed without me so waits for me, then waits in the bathroom while I brush my teeth, then follows me to the bedroom. In the morning she'll wait for me and as soon as I show signs of waking up she meows eagerly and runs around me until I'm dressed and going downstairs grin

Fiona1984 Tue 25-Apr-17 06:50:55

My youngest cat is rather odd, but such a beautiful creature. I taught him to sit and give paw for his food. He's incredibly affectionate, he insists on lots of kisses when I come home, standing on his back legs to reach my face. He sleeps normally between my feet, and if he thinks I'm awake he'll sleep next to my head.
He follow me around incessantly, especially to the bathroom because he likes to drink from the taps.
His cutest thing is announcing his presence when he comes into the bedroom with a little trill/meow.
And you can literally do anything to him, he's so laid back

tireddotcom72 Tue 25-Apr-17 07:02:36

Our cat did all that plus when you walked to the local shop she would walk with you, wait outside shop and then walk back.

YesItsMeIDontCare Tue 25-Apr-17 07:06:13

Sounds like my chap, except the scrounging. He also walks on a lead. grin

Nurse15 Tue 25-Apr-17 07:07:55

My cat ate a peanut the other day confused

He regularly will chase a ball and bring it back. He chases other cats like a dog. He helps himself to food if you don't watch him all the time. He comes and waits at the door when he hears the car arriving home. He basically doesn't know how to cat!

TheCatOfAthenry Tue 25-Apr-17 13:40:52

Sounds just like mine!

parklives Tue 25-Apr-17 14:08:05

Mine comes for walks with me, dh and the dog!

Tigerblue Tue 25-Apr-17 14:15:17

When all the humans in the house sit down around 9pm together, the cats normally come and join us - one sits on the armchair, the other on the arm of the settee. If I go out, 95% of the time, they're both waiting for me in the hall (even if I've only been gone a short while and they were previously asleep). They either like the company or the security of knowing where their cat feeders are!

paddingtonbear1 Tue 25-Apr-17 20:36:09

My cat is very like this as well OP. Sometimes she follows me then dashes in front - I've almost tripped over her several times!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now