Talk

Advanced search

Cat nemesis keeps calling to fight

(8 Posts)
getdressednow Mon 24-Apr-17 06:41:47

There's a big ginger Tom who keeps coming in our garden to fight with our feisty girl.
She's becoming very nervous of him.
At one point he came in the utility room (the door was open) and sprayed everywhere which was very grim.
I'm not sure if he's a pet or feral. Is there anything we can do?

Jellybean85 Mon 24-Apr-17 07:06:14

I had a similar problem with a big black and white tom coming to fight my cat when he was barely a teenager.
Unfortunately my kitty was an enthusiastic participant and fancied his chances asserting himself as alpha male.
I ended up using a water squirt gun. I don't normally like this tactic but I couldn't cope with the bloody thing constantly meowing at my door to summon my cat
And scenting the patio.
I'm
Sure they still fought but not on my patch!!
Spray him the next few visits and at least she'll
Know home
Is safe!!

Weirdly two years later my cat and black and white tom are best friends hmm I suspect they terrorise kitty's together now blush

BoobleMcB Mon 24-Apr-17 07:22:17

Yep, spray him with water

SaorAlbaGuBrath Mon 24-Apr-17 07:28:17

Spray him with water. This happened to my lovely boy and it ended when the fucking arsehole feral cat chased him on to the road and he was killed. I still get unreasonably angry when I see the bloody thing spraying in my garden!

getdressednow Mon 24-Apr-17 07:54:41

Spraying with water it is, thank you.

Trustyourself2 Mon 24-Apr-17 12:16:52

SaorAlbaGuBrath, that's awful.

SaorAlbaGuBrath Mon 24-Apr-17 12:41:09

Trustyourself2 it was devastating, my boy was such a lovely wee soul, just a chilled out wanderer and to see him how he ended up broke my heart.

CMOTDibbler Mon 24-Apr-17 13:08:18

We have this problem too - my big ginger boy and an equally big, paler ginger entire tom. He comes in and sprays which is grim and in the last month my cat has had a dislocated toe, an abscess, and a broken tooth courtesy of him

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now