Talk

Advanced search

Cat piddle!!

(2 Posts)
cakesandphotos Sun 23-Apr-17 22:44:33

Bit of background. We moved house at the end of last year. For a while we had a few problems with the cat's piddling where they weren't meant to (under the tv for one) We put a litter tray in the kitchen and the bathroom upstairs and they have access outside all day. Problem solved.
Came back from a few days away and found out Brian had peed and pooped in the log basket sad
This evening I was on the netty myself, big cat goes into the litter tray, Brian squats down and makes a lake. He ran away and is hiding from me so he knows he's done something wrong. Not really sure what the next step is with him. He's 3 and a half and we never had trouble with him before except when he had a urine infection as a kitten.
Any advice very welcome!

DumbledoresApprentice Mon 24-Apr-17 17:39:35

How many cats do you have and how many trays? Ideally you should have one more tray than you have cats as a minimum. I have one cat and 3 trays. I know that Jackson Galaxy also recommends putting the trays into socially important rooms if you have cats who pee where you don't want them to. Mine aren't in high traffic rooms at the minute but if we had issues with peeing then I'd put them in busier places.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now