Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is cat fostering a thing? Please don't slate me...

(3 Posts)
gingerbubs Sun 23-Apr-17 18:08:34

Hi,
I have 2 lovely cats, have had them for 11 years since they were 8 weeks old and got them from cat protection people. It looks like we may need to move house in a few months due to job changes. Because of various factors we really need to rent initially before looking at buying. There aren't many rental properties where we need to be and I'm really struggling to find suitable places that allow pets (We also have a daughter and need to consider schools etc).
Is there such a thing as cat fostering, where I could find someone to look after our cats temporarily until we buy somewhere? This could be for up to a year I think. I would be happy to pay for food, vet bills etc, and take them back when we have a permanent home of our own, but I just don't know if there is any good way of finding a temporary home for them. I know this isn't ideal for the cats, just trying to think of options that don't mean permanently rehoming them, and thought here might be a good place to ask advice.
Thanks!

Mermaidinthesea123 Sun 23-Apr-17 18:11:14

I volunteer for the Cats Protection League and yes you should be able to get someone to foster your cats. It would be a volunteer though and you may not be able to find one and probably not for that long.
I think they would view a year as being unsettling for your cats, and then another upheaval just when they have got used to the fosterer. Ring the CPL head office in Sussex and see if they have anyone on their books.

gingerbubs Sun 23-Apr-17 18:49:58

Thank you. I'm in Scotland so am guessing I should look into Scottish equivalent?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now