Talk

Advanced search

Rescued kitten with diarrhoea

(5 Posts)
Member327967 Sun 23-Apr-17 09:46:43

Hello, I think I need to take my kitty to the vet but as it's Sunday just wanted to ask peoples opinions please.
To give the backstory, Georgie was recused by the Cats protection, found in a house full of cats poorly looked after. The mother didn't want to have anything to do with the litter due to stress so they were hand raised. They lost a few of the kittens and the last 4 had a bad case of diarrhoea. They had the all clear from the vet, but when we adopted her she was 16 weeks but the size of an 8 week old.
Anyway, she's now 7 months, and is a really happy, energetic, mischievous kitten. We feed her Applaws kitten dry food and Butchers choice wet cat food. She is fine in herself, sometimes eats more then others but never doesn't eat, but she regularly has very loose stools. Not water but brown liquid paste, and oh boy does it stink!!! Like really really bad stinks the whole house out!! Any advice muchly appreciated. Thanks. Xo

HomityBabbityPie Sun 23-Apr-17 09:48:52

You probably just need to change her diet. My Birman girl gets the runs if she eats anything except the hills science plan I/D digestive care food. We tried her on a raw food diet etc but no joy.

Do go to the vet though as they need to rule out other causes first.

isseywithcats Sun 23-Apr-17 14:46:28

for today till the vets are open just give her either plain cooked chicken or white fish, no biscuits or tinned food , how long has it been since you wormed her as worms can cause the runs , and yes i would take her to the vets just to rule out other causes like giardia which is a nasty parasite , or an infection .

Lonecatwithkitten Sun 23-Apr-17 17:56:37

Rescue Kitten from that history,very, very, high chance of giardia. If you presented to me we would be doing a faecal sample straight off.

Littlemissindependent Sun 23-Apr-17 19:27:57

Been in a similar situation and was diagnosed with Giardia. Is a bugger to get rid of

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now