Talk

Advanced search

Nice things from your DCat

(45 Posts)
RubbishMantra Fri 21-Apr-17 17:21:20

I don't mean dead birds/rodents of course.

Bit under the weather atm, and Little M will just check in on me from time to time by jumping up and softly tapping me. He's a little Pisces, oldest sign of the Zodiac.

The first time I met him, he put his paws on my shoulders and stared very searchingly into my eyes, seemed like a very old soul, iykwim?

GinAndOnIt Fri 21-Apr-17 17:27:33

I love the stories of Little M smile

I like how my boy likes to be making physically contact at every opportunity if we're sat down - he'd rather sit in an uncomfortable position and risk being kicked in the head by the dog, but be touching my leg/arm/whatever, than move further down the sofa and have more space but not be next to me.

I also like how his head butts are 10x stronger if I've been out all day or overnight.

Really, I could be listing things all day grin

abbsisspartacus Fri 21-Apr-17 17:34:36

My thumb ring my cat (rip) bought me a ring to throw when he was a kitten (he loved shiny things and playing fetch) I've still got it on my hand 18 years later

Badcat666 Fri 21-Apr-17 17:43:01

My mums old Tom cat used to bring her flowers. I kid you not. Daffodils, forget me nots, tulips. Whatever was in season at least once a week he would bring her a single bloom. He also used to bring her his kittens to see. (Was back in the 70s)

My little (sadly not with me anymore) would touch my face very gently if I'd been crying and sit on edge of bath when I showered or brushed my teeth.

RubbishMantra Fri 21-Apr-17 17:44:27

Ah, the head bops! Forgot about those, Gin. Especially good when they can actually headbutt you, rather than bop leg.

Little M throws out a (joyous at being adored) curly fist bump to GinCat and you.

RubbishMantra Fri 21-Apr-17 17:53:24

Little M brings me flowers too, Badcat! Well not actual flowers, prunings I've been too lazy to put in the bin.

Toddlerteaplease Fri 21-Apr-17 17:59:44

Aww little M, picture required please. I love it when you get 'the paw' doesn't happen often but it's wonderful. When Snorg was very poorly she did it to me when I was cuddling her. I knew she was on the mend and appreciated me being there.

RubbishMantra Fri 21-Apr-17 18:14:10

What a lovely keepsake to remember your cat by, abbissparticus.

Mine would've probably pawned it. Or at least MCat would have if he'd found it, or bullied Little M into doing so if he were the finder.

Weedsnseeds1 Fri 21-Apr-17 18:29:38

He presents me with his squishy bits to molestsmile

Toddlerteaplease Fri 21-Apr-17 18:34:13

Omg that Smooshy tummy. I sometimes get one too.

RubbishMantra Fri 21-Apr-17 18:34:16

Here's a photo of him proudly owning my satchel, and wearing his little jumper Toddler. (He needed a sweater because his breed go through a baldy stage at that age.)

Now resembles a lamb/cauliflower, with his curly locks!

Toddlerteaplease Fri 21-Apr-17 18:34:56

I genuflect before his gorgeousness!

RubbishMantra Fri 21-Apr-17 18:45:54

But beware of this Weeds!

Weedsnseeds1 Fri 21-Apr-17 19:10:42

grin fortunately he just drops to the floor as if he's been shot (a manoeuvre known as "the whoomph" ) and offers up his squishies without malice aforethought, rubbish !

GinAndOnIt Fri 21-Apr-17 19:31:24

Aahhh, GinCat does the 'whoomph' too weeds!

He also loooooves this fluffy blanket. <derails thread>

Weedsnseeds1 Fri 21-Apr-17 19:42:50

That's a full on whoomph gin grin

BarneyRumbleton Fri 21-Apr-17 19:56:27

When I hold Ozzy in my arms and sing he gazes straight into my eyes. This morning, during a particularly lovely rendition of Hey Jude, he reached out his paw and touched my cheek, while he gazed 💕💕

HemanOrSheRa Fri 21-Apr-17 19:59:32

Little M is a good boy, checking on his Mum. Us Pisceans are The Best grin.

Pips keeps herself to herself mostly but she waits at the end of the road for DS when he's coming home from school. She follows him home to make sure he gets in OK. And when I get home from work, if she is on the front wall, I get a little chirrup from her smile.

When I picked Frankie up for a cuddle this morning he kind of 'flumped' in my arms and snuggled right in. It made me a bit emotional blush. He also comes up onto the bed in the night and checks on me. Right up close, head bops me and purrs in my ear. Although he could be checking whether I'm ready to chomp on I suppose!

BarneyRumbleton Fri 21-Apr-17 20:01:32

Oh and on the subject of smooshy tums....
Sometimes I think he should have a Cuban cigar and a glass of brandy.

HemanOrSheRa Fri 21-Apr-17 20:01:46

Oh Barney I am so glad I am not the only person who croons to their pets blushgrin.

Reow Fri 21-Apr-17 20:01:46

Aw they make such a difference smile

My boy head butts me if he wants love. Best head butts ever.

I also love it when he snores. DP snores too. 2 snoring boys in my bed

ToothTrauma Fri 21-Apr-17 20:02:18

The cat I had as a teen used to wait outside the house for me after school. When I turned the corner he would start running towards me while miaowing, so it came out 'mi-a-a-a-a-ow' as his body went up and down. Ah, he was the best <sniffs>

MycatsaPirate Fri 21-Apr-17 20:05:44

Awww that's lovely Mantra.

We have four cats, but girl cat 3 who looks like a small fresian cow with a half tail is the soppiest cat I have ever known. We only got her last August from a rescue and I wasn't even intending to get another cat but she'd been there 5 months and was being overlooked because of all the kittens in. She was so timid she hid under DD2's bed for weeks and we couldn't get into the room without her shooting back under.

Now she is my best friend. Every night without fail she climbs on me in bed and gives my face a thorough wash. Nose, forehead, eyelids, cheeks and chin grin She pushes her nose against my nose really hard and purrs like mad. She lets me stroke her tummy and likes to lie against my shoulder and does a big sigh and then gently puts her paw up on my face and looks at me adoringly. She really is just so sweet.

Ollivander84 Fri 21-Apr-17 21:13:52

Ollie gives me proper cuddles with his paws around my neck

RustyPaperclip Fri 21-Apr-17 22:50:50

Bless Little M, what a lovely boy! Hope you start to feel better soon Mantra. I've been under the weather too recently and young Bengal Boy has managed to take time out of his busy schedule to give me lots of cuddles and every now and then he gently places his paw on my lips. Bengal Boy has developed a new trick though. He has begun to jump on DH's and my shoulders and curl around our neck while we potter around the flat. We are now his transport hmmgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now