Talk

Advanced search

Cat has disappeared!

(16 Posts)
outnumbered4 Fri 21-Apr-17 12:33:02

I've got 3 cats all under 18 months old the 2 girls tend to stay indoors mostly but the boy likes to go out at night and sleep on my bed all day.

His routine is like clockwork he goes out when I go to bed, comes running first thing in the morning when I open the door for him then has his breakfast and goes up to sleep.

This morning he hasn't appeared at all! He hasn't been in for breakfast and doesn't come when me or the kids call him. I've done a quick walk round nearby and looked in all his favourite places but nothing! How worried should I be now? I'm starting to feel really worried especially with all these horrible cat killer stories 😥 am I overreacting or should I be doing something more to look for him now?

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 21-Apr-17 17:19:57

I'd walk around the neighbourhood calling him and rattling the treat box.

Do you have insurance? Some policies provide money for posters etc. Fb spotted is a good place to alert people he's lost.

outnumbered4 Fri 21-Apr-17 17:43:28

I do have insurance I will look into that, he's still not come home now I'm really worried! Really unlike him to wander off he always stays near us

thecatneuterer Fri 21-Apr-17 18:22:10

I would ask neighbours to check sheds and garages in case he's shut in somewhere.

Wolfiefan Fri 21-Apr-17 18:26:54

Is he neutered and chipped?

Tigerblue Fri 21-Apr-17 18:40:27

Any news yet? If he hasn't come back, then certainly ask neighbours and anyone you see while out. Also, walk 2/3 streets either way and around the back and keep calling.

I totally understand and I would be worried as well as I've been in the same situation. My boy used to love being outdoors and once a year in spring/summer only he'd disappear for a couple of days and I had no idea where he went. When I gave up work to have my DD and got to know the neighbours, I found out he was a regular visitor to three houses and a greenhouse and had no idea!

outnumbered4 Fri 21-Apr-17 19:18:40

Yes he is neutered and chipped I have registered him as lost now 😥 I have been out walking round the area shaking treats and calling him and still no sign. One of my other cats has been walking with me calling too 😥 I'm really hoping he has gone into someone else's house for a little holiday, trying to be positive! Most neighbours haven't seen him there's a few that aren't home from work yet so I will keep asking and walking round looking.

ShiningArmour Fri 21-Apr-17 19:45:27

Keeping everything crossed for his safe return, hopefully he's just gone walkabout, as is their want, and will return soon.

outnumbered4 Fri 21-Apr-17 20:25:09

Thank you, I really hope so 😥

Trustyourself2 Fri 21-Apr-17 20:34:11

They're all spending more time out now in the light evenings and warmer weather. Hope he comes home soon.

ElizaDontlittle Sun 23-Apr-17 19:32:53

Any news on your boycat OP? I hope he's home - but if not how are you, your DC and the girl cats?

outnumbered4 Sun 23-Apr-17 19:48:12

Oh no I forgot to update sorry! He came home this morning very dishevelled and extremely hungry, he ate all of the other cats' food as well as his own then snuggled down on my bed and slept the day away. I'm pretty sure he was trapped somewhere as he was so hungry and thirsty and he looked like he had been dragged through a hedge backwards! Poor boy. We are very relieved and I've told him he's grounded 😂

Trustyourself2 Sun 23-Apr-17 19:59:30

Great news!

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 23-Apr-17 20:07:49

I'd ground him too, if it's freaked him out he might stay closer to home anyway now.

Such a relief for you!.

ShiningArmour Sun 23-Apr-17 20:08:57

Brilliant news!!

outnumbered4 Sun 23-Apr-17 20:29:34

I think he is wary at the moment, he has just gone outside now but he's only sitting next to the front door. I wish I could keep him indoors so he's safe but it wouldn't be fair to him, he loves being outside usually just laying around in the sun or playing with the neighbourhood cats in the garden. I'm going to have to just hope he's learnt his lesson!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now