My cat hasn't come home tonight

(8 Posts)
PingaPenguin Wed 19-Apr-17 23:15:35

I have had my cat for a few weeks now and he's recently started to go outside. He's been great, finding his own way back home of his own accord, also coming when called/rattling treats.
I was late in from work and he was desperate to go out so off he went around half 8. He's been out a couple of evenings at this time but always come back when called around 10pm.
I know it's not a massively long time to be gone but I've called for him several times and nothing. I guess I'm just worried because he's new and only just started to go out. It's so cold out tonight too, and he's had a bit of trouble with the neighbours cat so I hate to think he's outdoors all night with the neighbours cat picking fights with him - he's come home with a few scratches and missing patches of fur thanks to this cat.
I've left a window open so I'll hear if he's meowing to be in during the night/being beaten up again. I hope he's ok sad

thecatneuterer Thu 20-Apr-17 00:15:26

Try not to worry. I'm sure he'll be ok. Have you tried calling him?

ElizaDontlittle Thu 20-Apr-17 07:46:39

Have you found him this morning?

PingaPenguin Thu 20-Apr-17 13:25:27

Yes, he finally turned up just after 6am thankfully.
He is absolutely terrified of neighbours bully cat, so I think he was maybe wary of coming home while he was hanging about.

wtffgs Thu 20-Apr-17 14:03:39

They're little buggers aren't they? It's the start of proper hunting season so they like to stay out. Have you thought about one of those microchip cat flaps?

<eyes geriatric cat who's too old, deaf and potty to go out and doesn't miss the presents hmm>

Trustyourself2 Thu 20-Apr-17 14:26:57

So glad he's home.

maybeIwillmaybeIwont Thu 20-Apr-17 18:40:53

Good to hear he came back home, eventually! flowers They are such a worry at times!

Reow Thu 20-Apr-17 18:59:34

Yay!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now