Talk

Advanced search

Indoor Cats and Loft Conversion building work

(5 Posts)
shelleyhart Wed 19-Apr-17 16:33:38

hello,
Just after abit of advice really, I have 2 indoor cats and due to start a loft conversion within the next few weeks.
Has anyone had a loft done with 2 cats? how did you cope?
I plan to put the cats in the utility room/Garage which is the furthest rooms away from where the work will be going on, and I can shut them in there with their food, litter tray etc.
Worrying about them is stressing me out more than the actual work smile

Thanks xx

MsMims Wed 19-Apr-17 18:28:39

Not had a loft conversion but have had various workmen in and usually go with a combination of locking cats in rooms the workmen won't need to use, and putting them outside in their secure pens. Always tell workmen we have indoor cats and doors that are shut must not be opened.

Will you be at home while the work is done? If not I'd also put a note on the door to make doubly sure.

thecatneuterer Thu 20-Apr-17 00:16:50

Yes you need to make sure they're shut away somewhere secure. If you can't be sure the rooms are secure you may need to put them in a dog crate.

shelleyhart Thu 20-Apr-17 09:23:01

yes I have the garage/utility room which can be locked with a key and no one can get out there. I plan to have some time at home, but won't be able to get the whole time off work. I was looking to get a cat pen in the garden, it is 6x6ft and 6ft tall. has anyone got one? do they like it?
Thanks for your replies smile

EachandEveryone Thu 20-Apr-17 12:15:31

I put mine in a lovely cattery for ten days in the end. When she got home id moved her stuff into my bedroom most of the loud work had been done by them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now