Talk

Advanced search

Cat spay tomorrow, leaving her alone in Friday?

(9 Posts)
Smeaton Wed 19-Apr-17 07:10:18

I've booked THECat into the vets for a spaying tomorrow, dropping her off at nine and picking her upmwhen done.
I'm getting a bit worried about Friday though, we were supposed to be going out for the day to the seaside with DD but I'm worried about leaving THECat alone for the day?

Should I cancel the trip or will she be okay? We were going to go at 9am and be back by 5pm.

Alfieisnoisy Wed 19-Apr-17 07:24:11

Likelihood is that your cat will be fine and enjoy the peace. She may even sleep if it's peaceful.

When I took my dear cat to be spayed she was absolutely fine afterwards...to the extent that the next morning she was hanging by three legs from the top of the curtains while trying to bash a spider on the ceiling! So much for the veterinary advice to "keep her quiet for 24 hours" grin

Smeaton Wed 19-Apr-17 07:26:36

Lol thanks Alfie
I actually hadn't thought that she might prefer us to go out. At least she wouldn't have to put up with DD jumping and dancing whilst watching The Wiggles.

Trustyourself2 Wed 19-Apr-17 07:33:37

Cats recover pretty quickly after being neutered, but I'd say it's not ideal to leave them on their own so soon. They could have a reaction that needs immediate attention. They should be left in peace, no playing, no unnecessary movement, no jumping, but should also be observed for at least 24 hours. Ask your vet what they think. They'l'll be able to give you absolute advice.

A day at the seaside does sound lovely!

thecatneuterer Wed 19-Apr-17 10:43:44

Don't cancel your trip. She'll be fine.

Wolfiefan Wed 19-Apr-17 10:45:51

I wouldn't leave her. One of mine ate her own stitches and had to be stapled late one night.
But that's torties for you!

Smeaton Wed 19-Apr-17 14:02:57

Well I'm no more decided than I was. Lol.

I think I'll drop her off at 9am, pop out tomorrow until shes ready, pick her up on way home.

grin

MrsGotobed Wed 19-Apr-17 14:06:25

Have you got a friend or neighbour that would pop in to check on her when you're out for the day?

I would be worried about her pulling the stitches out

Alfieisnoisy Fri 21-Apr-17 11:18:01

Ah Wolfie, my spider bashing cat was a Tortie too.grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now