Talk

Advanced search

How to clean bird blood out of rug??

(6 Posts)
Annaa123 Tue 18-Apr-17 21:09:32

My delightful cat has got an obsession with bringing birds and mice in the house, usually i see her in time but I've just caught her demolishing a baby bird on my dark grey fluffy rug.
Can't see anything but when I picked it up there was blood on the tissue, any ideas what I can clean it with as there's no instruction on the rug?
Also, any prevention tips for this behaviour? I know cats will be cats but it's gotten worse all of a sudden 😩

Weedsnseeds1 Tue 18-Apr-17 21:15:24

Cold water with a smidgen of bio washing powder. Then sponge off with cold water. Don't use hot, it'll set the blood. No idea how to stop them, I wish I did!

Annaa123 Tue 18-Apr-17 21:20:16

Thanks! I'll do it now smile

Mistoffelees Tue 18-Apr-17 21:20:37

Ours has three bells on his collar usually which helps a bit

Annaa123 Tue 18-Apr-17 21:29:49

Mine recently lost hers, it's been replaced now but that might be an explain the last few days! May also be due to the time of year, lots of small baby animals outside

Mistoffelees Tue 18-Apr-17 21:51:23

Yes ours is definitely catching more in recent weeks, he also has a new collar on as he lost his old one (we get through about one every 3 months!) so he's back down to one bell until I removed to put extras on which doesn't help the poor critters

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now