Talk

Advanced search

Cat sores

(7 Posts)
Shopkinsdoll Tue 18-Apr-17 19:21:33

My cat has sores on her neck, either she's pulled out the hair with stress or been in a fight. Last year the vet gave her cream. Can't remember the name of it. Anyone any ideas of a pet cream I can buy, instead of going to the vet? If it worsens we will take her.

Trustyourself2 Tue 18-Apr-17 21:47:17

I don't know of any creams. Mine have only been given antibiotics for cuts and sores.

thecatneuterer Thu 20-Apr-17 00:18:51

I think you will have to go to a vet. I don't know of any vet creams you can buy off the shelf.

Shopkinsdoll Thu 20-Apr-17 18:55:02

Just ordered the same cream the vet gave us last year. Cost 10 pounds. If that doesn't heal up we will visit vet. Beginning to think it's hay fever as she had the exact same thing this time last year.

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Thu 20-Apr-17 18:59:22

Our husky had a huge open sore in her neck from trying to get under a fence. .
No appointments at the vets so bought some antiseptic cream for dogs from pets at home -about a fiver. Healed in 3 days. Improvement the next day so didn't go to the vets.

isseywithcats Thu 20-Apr-17 22:45:47

sores on her neck may be flea allergy as this is the time of year that the fleas start to hatch as its warming up, it only takes one of the little buggers to set off an allergic cat, also wheat in food intolerance can do this too , i would ask your vet to have a look at her to count these out

RyanSarah2010 Fri 21-Apr-17 11:29:36

Thanks for the advice. Will keep an eye on her, she is eating well and fine in herself. Will try and get an appointment at the vet as something isn't right with her skin. She goes out a lot so don't want her catching any bugs infested disease

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now