Talk

Advanced search

Grrrr. People after a kitten on Freecycle

(6 Posts)
Vinorosso74 Mon 17-Apr-17 19:59:28

A vent really. Just had to report a post on Freecycle of someone after a female kitten for their 6 week old male kitten. The amount of welfare concerns here are high. The alarm bells rang loudly.
This is the second time I have had to report people wanting animals. Freecycle is supposed to be more ethical. Here's hoping the post is removed and poster banned.
Not sure what else I could do, didn't want to respond to poster as they would have my email address.
Anyway I feel better for venting.

Wolfiefan Mon 17-Apr-17 20:00:46

WTF. Do they want to breed more bloody kittens? Why do they have a kitten at 6 weeks? Who gives animals away for free?angry

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Mon 17-Apr-17 20:05:38

A six week kitten should be with it's mum.

It's astounding how cruel people are.

Vinorosso74 Mon 17-Apr-17 20:18:34

Shocking and so brazen. Yes, 6 weeks is too young to leave mum so where he was acquired from? Possible they want female at kitten producing machine? Or does first even exist and they want bait?
Even if it is none of these reasons, they seem ignorant about kittens.

Vinorosso74 Mon 17-Apr-17 23:10:47

Update. The post has been removed and the poster has been put on moderation so at least they won't get a kitten via there. They say Freecycle does not allow posts for animals for breeding purposes.

Wolfiefan Mon 17-Apr-17 23:27:06

I'm afraid I'm someone else who thought bait. People can be vile. Or ignorant. Often both. angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now