Talk

Advanced search

The Willows Birmingham

(14 Posts)
Toddlerteaplease Mon 17-Apr-17 12:16:13

Fattycat will be referred there for her jaw rather than one closer to home. Has anyone been there?

MsMims Wed 19-Apr-17 18:24:34

Yes, they were very good when we used them and also have friends who have had good experiences there.

It's actually in Solihull rather than Birmingham so don't be alarmed if you drive past the B'ham junctions if you're travelling by motorway.

Toddlerteaplease Wed 19-Apr-17 19:38:54

I've been very impressed with the contact I e had so far. They were going to see her Monday but the vet wasn't happy to leave her that long so fitted her in at 8.30 tomorrow. So an early start from Nottingham!

Vinorosso74 Wed 19-Apr-17 20:34:50

Good luck for tomorrow. I don't envy you the early start.

Toddlerteaplease Wed 19-Apr-17 20:48:03

Thanks. I hope it's not going to be a long day as I'm on nights tomorrow and need a nap!

AuntieMay Wed 19-Apr-17 20:56:18

Yes my dog had both hips relaced there, exc

AuntieMay Wed 19-Apr-17 20:57:08

Sorrybposted too soon, excellent vets ! Definitely recommend

Toddlerteaplease Thu 20-Apr-17 08:37:14

Omg this place is posh. I feel completely at ease. Though struggled to use the coffee machine. I have no doubt she'll have the best care.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Thu 20-Apr-17 08:52:53

Glad you feel comfortable Toddler. It makes a huge difference when you happy with a vet. Good luck to Fattycat today

AuntieMay Thu 20-Apr-17 09:43:05

If you have a long wait for X-rays/ scans etc there is a shopping centre quite close for lunch - or distraction techniques. We had an all day wait the first we took ddog whilst preliminaries were done.

Toddlerteaplease Thu 20-Apr-17 10:02:10

They are going to CT her and try and replicate the problem to see how to fix it. My main concern is that I'm on nights tonight. Really want to pick her up my self. But my fabulous parents will do it if I need to get home. The vet had two complex operations to do first so she won't be done till later. I'm going to go to a local NT property and then try and have a snooze in the car. I'm not worried about her as I know she's going to be fine with them.

MsMims Thu 20-Apr-17 12:45:58

Hope she gets on ok and that you're able to hang on and pick her up yourself. There's a drive thru Costa just down the road if coffee is needed to pep you up for the night shift!

Toddlerteaplease Thu 20-Apr-17 13:19:17

I found the costa.

Toddlerteaplease Thu 20-Apr-17 18:43:05

She's home and fine. Really good care but it did feel like a conveyor belt as it's such s big place. But I wouldn't hesitate to take her there again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now