Talk

Advanced search

Help! Rescue kitten and extreme kneading!

(7 Posts)
Leicesterpiggott Sun 16-Apr-17 22:21:01

6mo rescue kitten is gorgeous and v affectionate. She loves kneading me and purrs at top volume. But she uses her claws to dig into me while kneading and it's really painful. My last cat just used paws so it didn't hurt. I've stupidly let her do it up til now as it makes her so happy but it needs to stop. How can I stop her without just moving her away? Seems so mean!

Pinkandwhiteblossoms Sun 16-Apr-17 22:22:19

I don't know, one of mine does this and it ruins clothes as well - really annoying.

can we see a photo of the hooligan

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 16-Apr-17 22:38:34

They only do it to the one they see as "mum"

Put a fleece on your lap.

Weedsnseeds1 Sun 16-Apr-17 22:40:43

Some cats do that, the extending and digging in claws is part of the general ecstacy. Try a blanket on your lap.

Asmoto Sun 16-Apr-17 22:42:57

Keep a blanket handy and whip it into place when she starts kneading. She'll probably develop better claw control as she gets older. Kittens have always left me covered in scratches still crave another though grin.

TheFurryMenace Tue 18-Apr-17 20:32:54

I wear a really thick fluffy dressing gown, and she took a sine to me in it, kneading etc. kitty now uses the dressing gown when I take it off and lay it on the bed. The only downside is I've lost my lovely (new!) dressing gown to the cat! And when I do put it on its usually a bit soggy as she's had a good ole suck on it too! Yuk!

TheFurryMenace Tue 18-Apr-17 20:33:30

Shine not sine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now