Talk

Advanced search

Do you have 1 or 2 cats/kittens?

(5 Posts)
littlemissM92 Sat 15-Apr-17 07:13:27

As above really... we have 1 6month old male kitty who is usually very happy boy we have moved house 2 days ago and I miss the old him he's being weird which I know is expected it's such a big change will he settle in and go back to his usual self ? Can't help but think if we had got another in the first place they would of had each other sad plus once he's settled we r letting him out for the first time and I'm so scared he will get lost or not come back sad

Trustyourself2 Sat 15-Apr-17 07:29:40

I'd say he's just adjusting. Some cats are as cool as cucumber when it comes to disruption, but others need a fair bit of time to get used to things. His whole world's been changed unexpectedly & he's probably a bit confused and stressed. Give him lots of reassurance, play, treats, a box to hide in and don't let him outside until he's more settled.

littlemissM92 Sat 15-Apr-17 07:52:44

He's definitely more himself already this morning he's enjoying knocking anything he can off the window ledge just like in the old house. This house is sooo much bigger and a really safe neighbourhood not near busy road but obviously he can't understand our reasons ha!

user1492080882 Sat 15-Apr-17 07:57:28

There's no guarantee that if you got another one they'd get on! Ours were litter mates and now 'tolerate' each other usually, but often have disagreements and the occasional fur-flying fight. Not the cute cuddling up together I'd imagined!

littlemissM92 Sat 15-Apr-17 08:36:25

User yeah I did consider that :/ I'm sure he will be ok just so worried about letting him out x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now