Talk

Advanced search

Beside myself..

(20 Posts)
Therewere5inthebed Fri 14-Apr-17 22:26:57

We've been away for a weeks holiday arriving home at 12pm today.

DF has been in twice daily to feed and fuss cats (x2) they have a microchip cat flap to come and go with.
Our old boy was in and very pleased to see me but there is no sign of the young rather silly one, she was last seen yesterday morning.
She came to me as a stray and is not the most sensible of cats and I'm really worried that something has happened to her.

Lying in bed after checking with immediate neighbours as although she's a stopout she doesn't go far usually.

Really worried that she may have climbed into a car or van since yesterday morning..

Trustyourself2 Fri 14-Apr-17 23:40:30

Sorry you have to cope with this straight after your hols. It's the one thing we all fear when we leave them. Bloody typical!

She's probably got engrossed in something and lost track of time. Phone your local vets tomorrow and see if anyone's found her and is minding her. She might be locked in someone's shed?

LanaorAna1 Fri 14-Apr-17 23:42:09

Oh dear, I know this. Just when you've reached peak terror, she'll breeze back in. Some cats don't like having different people to feed them.

Therewere5inthebed Sat 15-Apr-17 00:41:52

She is an independent little thing but very affectionate to me.

She found us a yr and a half ago, skinny, covered in fleas and ticks with a big wound on her leg. I was in my way home from school with a double buggy and six noisy children in tow (I'm a childminder), she decided to join us.

We took her to the vet to check for a microchip and give her a once over, fostered her as there was no chip and advertising had no effect and once the requisite month was up she joined our madhouse.
I'm just worried that she's climbed into a van and ended up miles away. She has had a few lucky escapes so far where she's been spotted and evicted.

Therewere5inthebed Sat 15-Apr-17 03:09:50

She's home!
Our neighbours have had some building work done while on holiday, they've just arrived back from the airport.

She flew in, jumped on me in bed while prupping excitedly then made a trip to the food bowl then shot back out, presumably for a wee!

I can finally get some sleep. grin

FizzPopping Sat 15-Apr-17 06:22:14

What a relief! Glad she's back and you can relax. Hope you had a lovely holiday

ElizaDontlittle Sat 15-Apr-17 07:00:25

Oh hooray - she must be starving! She sounds like an adorable character, hope you get some sleep and recover from the worry.

Trustyourself2 Sat 15-Apr-17 07:11:51

That's great news! So relieved for you. Sounds like her curiosity level is sky high.

Therewere5inthebed Sat 15-Apr-17 08:00:14

We did have a lovely holiday thanks Fizz I came home relaxed and within an hr was very concerned, this moved on to a sleepless night until she arrived home.

She really is a little madam, she refuses to use the cat flap to come in (it's fine to go out that way though) so scales the outside wall, often with a live mouse and comes in through our fanlight window in the bedroom..

I've lost count of the amount of times that she's tried to follow us to school in the mornings, I regularly have to return to the house with kids in tow and give her dreamies then close the door quickly and rush to school. We leave 5 mins early every day just in case...

She rolls off of things, demands dreamies and releases live woodmice into the house and looses them but she's ours (mine 😊) and we love her. She chose us over the dozens of people that walked past her when she needed help and refused to go near anyone else, that makes me feel very privileged.

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 15-Apr-17 09:48:05

Well that's a happy ending smile

LanaorAna1 Sat 15-Apr-17 11:48:50

Typical smile What a brilliant story of how you found her in the first place tho' - she won't leave you for real, you know that. Have a lovely peaceful Easter with your furry liability smile

ElizaDontlittle Sat 15-Apr-17 11:59:40

She sounds awesome! Well, apart from the live woodmouse part... I agree, you are hers, she won't leave for good.

Therewere5inthebed Sat 15-Apr-17 13:58:32

She is both a liability and awesome in equal measures.

When we found her we walked past her on our way home from school, my DD spotted her, she ran up to us meowing and wrapping herself round my legs, she was outside the local shops and I since found out that she'd been there all day but wouldn't let anyone near her.

I had 5 older children and two little ones in the buggy and we were walking fairly fast, she did parcour over cars, through bushes and ran along walls to keep up with us, I hadn't realised what a state she was in at this point.

We arrived home and I opened the front door to switch off the alarm before chaos descended and she ran in past our three big dogs and sauntered up the hallway, she only stopped once she spotted our other two old cats aged 15 & 18 (one now sadly deceased) who looked less than impressed.

It was perfectly clear that she was determined to move in regardless and I was so relieved when she didn't have a microchip and no-one claimed her. She became ours properly a month later but we'd been fostering her at home as I couldn't bear for her to think that we'd abandoned her after her determined efforts.

She scrubbed up nicely in the end and grew a beautiful thick, glossy coat, far removed from the scraggy, tick covered fleabag that followed us home.

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 15-Apr-17 15:09:58

She obviously saw you with all those kids & decided you'd be a fab cat mum too.

It's amazing how they pick us.

Wolfiefan Sat 15-Apr-17 15:11:23

She's stunning. Glad she's home.

DuckDonald Sat 15-Apr-17 15:18:05

Lovely story smile

Therewere5inthebed Sat 15-Apr-17 15:45:33

😊
She was always rather wary of my feisty 18 yr old cat, I'd had her since someone fished her out of a canal as a tiny kitten, I went into a pet shop to buy rabbit food and there she was, totally bedraggled. She shot to the front of the cat carrier she was in and started meowing frantically, obviously I took her home there and then grin
She was with me for 18 yrs, through thick and thin and I was in such a state when I had to make the hardest decision to have her put to sleep just before Christmas.

She had her own chair in the kitchen which in her last yr she rarely moved from.

In the week between her being put to sleep at home and her ashes arriving back in a jar the chair remained empty.

I unpacked her Urn and the little black one jumped up onto the table, sniffed it for a second and jumped straight into the kitchen chair... it was the strangest moment.

Trustyourself2 Sat 15-Apr-17 23:21:40

She's not looking very amused. She sounds like a great character and is very distinguished looking. Do your dogs like her?

Therewere5inthebed Sun 16-Apr-17 12:26:06

She has a talent for hard stares grin
She doesn't take an awful lot of notice of the older two, just rubs round their noses if they sniff her, but she's got a love/hate relationship with our youngest, he chases her rather half heartedly, if she's happy with it she'll be nose to nose and then rub round his face and roll over so that he can groom her tummy, if she's not so happy with it she'll punch him on the nose.. He always looks rather surprised with the latter though!

He's extra huge and she's extra tiny, they are both rather lacking in the brain department though.

The puppy loves a catty cuddle though... the pic is with him an our old boy.

Therewere5inthebed Sun 16-Apr-17 13:45:50

*and

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now